Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, I don't own them.

“Okay,” IAD asshole Hillborne says, pinching the bridge of his nose as he closes the folder, looking down at it before pushing it back across the desk to Mac, who calmly puts it away in his desk drawer. “I’ve seen all the evidence, talked to the doctors at the hospital, and talked to Sid at the Morgue. I still don’t believe it, but I can’t say it didn’t happen. Tell me again what happened?”

“Danny and Lindsay were coming back from a crime scene when Lindsay told Danny to pull over, she had to go. Danny looked at her in disbelief, as she’d just gone at the scene. He told her that she could hold it, they’d be back at the lab in a couple of minutes. Lindsay complained the entire time, until Danny finally told her to shut up, she shouldn’t have been drinking so damn much coffee if she couldn’t hold it.”

Hillborne nods, motioning for Mac to continue the story.

“Monroe complained to me when she got back, I told her to get over it, if she can’t hold it for the five minutes it took Danny to drive three blocks to the lab, she should think about having a physical examination or stop drinking coffee. She walked away in a huff, and I thought it was over. When she didn’t come in the next day, I called her apartment and had the local precinct go over. We found her collapsed on the bathroom floor. She was immediately rushed to the hospital where she died a couple of days later. According to the autopsy, she had surgery previously that had weakened the walls of her bladder, it burst sometime that day and she passed out from the shock. She survived the surgery to repair her bladder, but her internal organs started shutting down from shock.”

“Sad thing is, it was all her own damn fault.” Danny says from the chair he’d been sitting in quietly. He turns to look at Mac, a trace of humor in his eyes. “I told her if she was going to drink coffee like it was going out of style, she should go to her doctor and get that stuff for overactive bladders, so she doesn’t have to gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.” Danny smirks as he imitates the commercial. “Montana just gave me a dirty look and walked away in a huff, muttering under her breath that ‘we don’t have those in Montana.’