Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:
Crossover with House and CSI Miami
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, they're not mine.

The banner hanging in the hotel proudly proclaims that the hotel is hosting a medical convention. Sheldon drops onto one of the couches, smiling as he sees the woman he's been waiting for finally arrive with her family.

“Alexx.” Sheldon says, standing up and walking across the room.

“There's my boy, come give me some sugar, darling, then tell me why you were stupid enough to leave the morgue.” Alexx says, glaring at the ME turned CSI.

“Slow down Chase, I swear the convention isn't going anywhere.” Gregory House says in mock disgust, secretly amused by his Duckling's enthusiasm. What had been a nuisance convention for him, attended only because Cuddy had threatened him, is turning out to be a rare treat for the younger man. He follows the bellhop, loaded down with their bags, towards the elevator while Chase heads to the second floor meeting rooms, lounge and restaurants to pick up his and House's con badges and registration materials...

“Oh god, who invited her?” Sheldon asks, turning as a familiar whining voice is heard from the top of the stairs leading to the second floor mezzanine

“Who's that, honey?

“Lindsay Mont. . . Monroe.” Sheldon says, correcting himself. :”Our newest CSI, and a whiny, more annoying brat you've never met.” He says sourly. “Danny Messer calls her Montana all the time since she moved here from there.”

Chase looks up as he hears the whining voice and moves away from her, the whining woman reminds him strongly of Cameron on a kick about something or other.

“Chase, are you still reading that damn paper?” House says, looking over as he grabs his cane. “I'm going to dinner, you can stay here and starve or you can eat with me.” Chase looks torn for a second, he really should read the paper again to make sure he knows everything, but his growling stomach has him grabbing his wallet and jacket, following House towards the elevator.

Chase is passing the stairs on his way to the restaurant, wincing as he hears the same woman from before haranguing the Maitre' D who is refusing to allow her in the restaurant because the convention has booked it for the rubber chicken dinner tonight, when a pitcher of ice water is accidentally dropped on the slick tile floor. The whining woman in front of him turns to walk angrily away, her foot hits an ice cube, and she begins to fall, automatically grabbing for the nearest thing to break her fall, in this case, him. A pressure on his back and firm hand grabbing his shoulder in a death grip pull him away from the stairs he'd begun to fall down. The pain in his shoulder makes him gasp as he realizes that House must have grabbed his belt with his cane to keep him from falling long enough to grab his shoulder.

House pulls his Duckling towards a bench, pulling off his jacket and shirt, gently pressing on the already swelling shoulder.

“Is he okay?” One of the other convention attendants asks as people begin to gather around the woman who had fallen down the stairs.

“Looks like I dislocated his shoulder when I grabbed him.” House says, checking Chase's pulse. “Did you hit your head on anything?” he asks gruffly. “Somebody call an ambulance.” He orders.

“Already done sir, the police and ambulance should be arriving shortly for your friend and . . . her.” A hotel employee says, gulping as he sees somebody bend over the body, feel for a pulse and shake his head sadly.

“You stopped me from falling.” Chase says, looking fuzzily at House. House smiles softly, a sight that nobody back at the Princeton- Plainsboro teaching hospital would never believe, watching his Duckling carefully as he goes into shock. “Thank you.”

“I just got you trained the way I wanted.” House says, his gruff words making the other man smile as he passes out. “I just didn't want to go through the trouble of training another Duckling, that's all.”