Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Malfoy, Draco

to me o67;



Proposal for a get together

Severus,



So since there seems to be more of us than we’d originally thought, we thought that it might be nice for all of us to get together for a bit of a get together; maybe have a nice dinner out or something. If you’re interested, (or even if you aren’t) please let us know.



    Draco



---___---___---



“Hey Blaise, it’s me. You know that get together dinner idea we had a while back? It’s on. Right now I’m not sure if Professor Snape’s gonna be there - he hasn’t replied to the email I sent him yet. But the rest of us are in. So now we just have to figure out when to do this and where to go. Give me a call when you can.” Draco says before ending the call. 



---___---___---



Someone, Percy wasn’t sure who although he did have a few theories, had slapped a colorful magnet on the fridge that read: Refrigerator Message Center. Below that a virtual rainbow of messages on all sorts of types of paper - including an actual honest to god napkin - were (somewhat) randomly tacked on.



So it looks like we’re doing this. Ideas?



Date: soon. Food: ?



Soon works. Me & Harry are a bit busy at the end of Oct. with the anti-drug thing.



I might be able to swing Oct. 6. Re: food. Something easy & not threatening. You know, not too ‘exotic’ or ‘strange’. Italian?



As long as there’s water, Daphne says she’ll be fine wherever. And can we maybe schedule some time to FIGURE THIS OUT IN PERSON RATHER THAN THROUGH FRIDGE NOTES? Quite frankly, this is getting to be a bit ridiculous.

---___---___---



“Remember when I said that the sixth was good. Yeah, well it looks like Ken sniped that day and since he'll just call out sick if he's not given it off... so it looks like I'm going to be working that day. Sorry about that.” Harry said with a tired sigh. For a moment he’d been very tempted to just call out that day himself - he had plenty of sick time left after all, and it’s not like pretty much everyone else hasn’t done it at one time or another - but he quashed that thought right quick. As nice as it would be to do it, he knew that he wouldn’t be able to do it in the end. Sure the other guys did it what felt like all the time (to the point where Harry had to wonder how they had any holiday, personal and/or sick leave time left at all), but Harry knew deep down in his gut that if he tried it, he’d be written up for it (even though none of the others ever were). Sometimes it just didn’t pay to be the sensible person.



---___---___---



Uncle Sev

to me o67;



Re: Proposal for a get together

Draco,



I have no objections to that plan. Please let me know when you were thinking of having this get together, and where you were planning to go. My schedule in the evenings is pretty open for any day at any time after 6:30 pm. If that time is too late, then I would only be available on either a Saturday or Sunday.




    Severus Snape, PharmD, RPh



Malfoy, Draco

to me o67;



Proposal for a get together

Severus,



So since there seems to be more of us than we’d originally thought, we thought that it might be nice for all of us to get together for a bit of a get together; maybe have a nice dinner out or something. If you’re interested, (or even if you aren’t) please let us know.



        Draco



---___---___---



Ron frowned as he took in the note stuck to the fridge in his brother’s careful hand. 



Casa Nostra just called. We got bumped cause another party came by and flashed more money. Blessing in disguise if you ask me; their food's really gone down hill and frankly isn't worth the high price they're charging.



Ron had to agree with Percy over it being a blessing in disguise. Even if the food had been worth the price, them pulling a stunt like this had to be automatic grounds for never going back to a place. The fact that they overcharged for the quality of the food was just the sprinkles on top as far as he was concerned.



---___---___---



PHOENIX_TEARS: maybe we should just scrap the whole italian idea cause we are having 0 luck w/italian restaurants



ROSE-OF-NINE-TAILS: could do. Could do.



ROSE-OF-NINE-TAILS: so where else **should** we be looking



PHOENIX_TEARS: pub food? a steak place? idk



ROSE-OF-NINE-TAILS: Idk either. Maybe ask the others at dinner?



PHOENIX_TEARS: i gotta work tonight. but if you wanna ask them go ahead



---___---___---



“So I talked to Ginny the other day, and let's just say that Franky's is a no go. Maybe if it was just us guys, but I don't think Daphne would feel comfortable. And I don't think they'd like having Blaise there from the rumors I've been hearing.”



Percy sighed and mentally scratched another restaurant off the list. Franky’s had seemed so promising too. They’d advertised themselves as the perfect little family restaurant serving up good old fashioned comfort foods; the kinds of things you’d find in your local Pub (minus the beers and the local old men drinking the beers) or what in would be considered classic Americana on the other side of the pond (shepherds pie, burgers, steaks, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, hot wings, fried shrimp, fish and chips...). If they’ve managed to piss off Ginny bad enough that Ron decided that they were a no go, then clearly their family friendly image was a lie. (He’d get the full story from either Ginny or Ron later. Not because he was questioning the decision not to go with that particular restaurant, but because he’d like to know exactly how mad he should be about that place and if he should perhaps maybe drop a few words into some ears about how maybe there needed to be a boycott of a certain restaurant for reasons the public might find very interesting indeed).



---___---___---



FOR FUCK'S SAKE, ANSWER YOUR BLOODY PHONE ALREADY!!!” Blaise screamed at Draco’s voice mail. He’d been trying to get a hold of his friend for the past couple of days but for some reason he’d only gotten voice mail when he called. He’d even done the reasonable thing and made sure to call when he was as certain as he could be that Draco wouldn’t be at work (and thus, not able to take the call).



---___---___---



We’re sorry, but the number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service.



Draco didn’t quite chuck his phone across the room in a frustrated rage, but he had been sorely tempted to. Instead he took a few deep breaths, counted to ten twice, hung up, and then called one of the others. So much for that new specialty burger and sandwich place.



---___---___---



Somewhat bleary (after all, he had just gotten up) Neville squinted at the cheery pink post-it note now stuck to the fridge under their ‘Sharks have feelings too’ magnet. It... certainly was a statement, that it was.



[Insert incoherent guttural screaming here]



After staring at the strange note for way longer than he should, Neville just shook his head and opened the fridge. It was just way too early for him to want to deal with nonsense like that, so fuck that shite.






Chapter End Notes:
Welp. I did it. I hit 50k words (and then some).