Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:
You can blame this story on Ginny from sylum, who asked me if I'd written a story where they died from running with scissors yet.  Grimmy perked up his ears and gave me a half dozen mini-Grimmy story ideas.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, they don't belong to me.

“Sid, how did she die?” Mac asks, looking down at the body on the slab, wondering what the hell happened. This morning she'd been alive and annoying everybody, an hour or so later they'd heard a thud in her lab and came running to find her dead on the floor.

“I've sent bloodwork up to the labs for testing, but the only injury I could find was a small stab wound here.” Sid pulls down the sheet to uncover a small hole in her chest, already beginning to close. “I was finally able to find out what caused it, a pair of scissors, the small ones without a tip that you give young children.”

“The ones that can't cut anything worth a damn.” Danny snorts. “Yeah, we were given a batch on them at the lab last week as a cost cutting thingyjiggy from the city. Didn't work out too well. How the hell could she have gotten hurt by them, the damn things can't cut paper, let alone anything else.”

“I believe that Lindsay had probably stuck them in her lab coat pocket and fell on them accidentally.” Sid says, pointing to the table where her lab coat is laid out. “I found a tear and blood in the upper pocket.” Danny and Mac walk over and look at the coat under the magnifying glass over the table.

“A wound this small wouldn't have killed her instantly,” Sid says, “the dried blood looks to be about a week old. I believe that she either died of an infection from the wound, though that would have taken longer, she may have nicked something and died of internal bleeding, I'll know more when I open her up, or she may have had an adverse reaction to whatever antibiotic the doctor put her on.”

“You know Sid, you always hear mothers telling their kids not to run with scissors,” Mac says, “I would have sworn that it was impossible to actually kill yourself that way. Let us know what you find in the autopsy.” Mac turns to walk away, pausing when he finds Danny looking down at the body, a strange look on his face.

“What is it, Danny?” Sid asks the younger man.

“Just thinking, I would have pegged Montana as a 'doesn't play well with others,' kid myself.”