Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the character, they're not mine.

“Okay Danny, we got you on speakerphone and everybody’s here. Now will you tell me what happened?”

“Okay,” Danny says, taking a deep breath, “I still can’t believe it happened, and I was there the entire time. We had wrapped up the case. . .” Mac smiles, realizing that the younger man will be coming home soon, he’d missed Danny the last two weeks. “And we had decided to take a drive and see Niagara Falls while we were there.”

“Let me guess Danny,” Stella says. “We don’t have those in Montana?” Stella imitates Lindsay’s usual whine.

“Right.” Danny says, coughing slightly. Everybody grins, they’d heard the snicker he’d been trying to disguise. “Anyway we were there and Montana started whining. She’d been standing over a barrel like people used to go over the falls in before they made it illegal, somebody must have bumped it because the next thing I know, Montana’s stuck headfirst in it and it’s going over the falls.”

“Only Montana could go over Niagara Falls in a barrel by accident. Damn it Danny, now you’ve got me calling Monroe Montana.” Mac complains. Danny doesn’t even bother to try to hide his snickering this time. Don hides a smile behind his hand and Sheldon turns around abruptly, trying to keep a straight face. Mac growls playfully at the people in the room, causing Stella to lose her battle to keep her laughter under wraps.

“Anyway, the local coroner’s office is shipping her body back later tonight. They should have called you with the details.” Mac picks up the paper he’d written the notes on and waves it, Sheldon takes it and says he’ll send it down to Sid at the Morgue. “I’ve got everything packed and I’ll be heading back in the morning. We’re expecting a storm and the local police have asked everybody to stay off the roads until it’s over.” Danny says. “Oh and Mac, we are going to be talking about me getting reimbursed for the last two days. It’s not my fault I had to stay longer than we planned because Montana died in an accident and I had to stay while the local police investigated.”

“We’ll talk Danny, but I don’t have the final say about the matter. The city only agreed to cover your expenses as long as you were working with the local police on the case, and not afterwards.”