Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, I don't own them.

“Okay Sid, how did she die?” Mac asks, looking down at the battered body on the slab in front of him.

“Crush injury, from what the police said she was on the bottom of the pile and didn't have a chance.” Sheldon says, looking over at the row of sheet covered bodies. “Who knew a charity fashion show could result in so many deaths. This sort of stuff happens at major sports events in London, or concerts, not a fashion show.”

“Okay, any idea of what started the initial fight?” Mac asks as Danny and Stella, still limping, come into the morgue.

“Yeah, according to the witnesses Montana opened her mouth and sassed off to the wrong person.” Danny says, taking off his dark glasses and revealing the two black eyes at Sheldon's order. Sheldon quickly looks the other man over before giving him a Tylenol.

“Danny, are you just saying that because you didn't like her or . . . '

“It's the truth Mac.” Stella says, “ Lindsay went up to one of the models and said her brother could walk better on the runway than she could, and I quote,” Stella looks down at her notes. “A drunken sailor, a chimpanzee, and a long haul trucker made better looking woman than you do in that outfit.”

Sheldon moans.

“The model's manager was not impressed and lunged for her starting a catfight that brought security running. The other managers and models got into the fight, and it escalated from there.”

“How many deaths were there?” Danny asks, looking at the row of bodies.

“Only three, the others are from a seven car pile-up on the freeway.” Sid says soothingly, ushering the others out of the morgue. “Have you contacted her parents yet?” he asks. “Lindsay's body can be released anytime.”

“Not yet Sid, how do I sit down and tell her parents she died because she mouthed off to the wrong person.”

“Mac,” Danny says, putting a hand on his shoulder and wincing as sore muscles complain. “They're her parents, they already know that Lindsay had a problem pissing people off with her mouth.”

“You're not helping, Danny.” Stella says.

“Hey, look at it this way.” Danny says, turning to walk back to a lab. “At least we don't have to listen to Montana complain that 'we don't have these in Montana' anymore.”