Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Story Notes:

This story is based on one of the numerous versions of Justice Society has DC has put out over the years. Most of the comics in this version of the series has been put out in graphic novel form.

 

I'm taking some liberties with the comic canon. I believe that Captain Marvel left the team before Rick was rescued from the office at the end of time, here he didn't. Also, Wikipedia has Billy and Courtney the same age, I've made him a couple of years younger.


The others look around at the spot where the Spectre had been standing, stunned. Their first thought is to fight the aliens that are going to be arriving anytime but the Spectre had said no. Changes of clothes and other supplies land in front of them and Rick and Pietr set up a blanket across the middle of the room so Courtney and Kara can change out of their costumes. Marvel turns to stare out the window, how is the Wisdom of Solomon going to get him out of this?

"Marvel, I think these should fit you." Jay says, handing him a set of clothes. Captain Marvel looks around and sees the others are dressed in civilian clothes, he's the last holdout.

"Billy, you're going to have to tell them." Courtney says. Captain Marvel nods, handing the clothes back to Jay before walking to the middle of the room. "You hold onto those Jay, I'm afraid they won't fit me. SHAZAM!"

Everybody jumps when a lightning bolt appears in the middle of the room, hitting Captain Marvel. They blink to clear their sight, staring at the young boy standing where Captain Marvel had been seconds before.

"Let's go, the aliens are going to be here within the hour and our headquarters is going to be one of the first things they scan looking for us." Billy says. Pietr hurries into the medical area of headquarters, grabbing items and shoving them into a backpack that had been with the supplies the Spectre had brought them.

They head out the back door, ducking through shadows until they're a couple of blocks away from headquarters until Billy calls a halt. They catch a local bus and ride to the end of the line, getting off and mingling with people getting off the train that services the same station. The others, except for Courtney, had spent the trip either calling family telling them not to expect them home tonight or staring at Billy, it's not everyday one of your teammates transforms from a 20+ year old man to a young boy. And it's obviously not a case of Captain Marvel flying away and leaving a boy in his place before their sight cleared, Stargirl obviously knew the truth and the man and boy do resemble each other.

Billy stops at a local store, quickly running in and getting supplies to last them a week or so, each person gets two or three bags and they go back outside, walking a few blocks until Billy leads them down an alley, ducking into a shadowy door.

He leads them down below a flight of stairs below street level, finally ending up in an old subway tunnel that was never completed, connected to the rest of the line. They're stunned to find supplies, looking at Billy.