Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


"I've been having dreams telling me to gather supplies, that I would need to bring you here." He looks towards a small slit in the top of the wall, from the outside it looks like a storm drain but it allows ventilation in the station.

"How did you find this place?" The Flash asks.

Billy looks at him. "Jay, they don't rent apartments to twelve year olds, even if they do have a job." he says sadly. The others are stunned when they realize he lives here. "There's a composting toilet in the corner there." he points it out.

"Captain Marvel. . ."

"Billy, my name is Billy Batson." Billy says softly as he starts taking groceries out of the bags.

"Billy, where are your parents?" Jay asks, reaching over and putting a gentle hand on his shoulder. Now he knows why Captain Marvel had been so close to Stargirl, instead of a ten year age different like he'd been worried about, he's actually younger than her.

"Dead." Billy says quietly. "There's cots and blankets in the corner there, it gets a little cold in here so you'll probably want to push them together for warmth."

"What happened?"

"Theo Adam murdered them to get the amulet transforming him into Black Adam." Everybody stares at him in horror.

"Kara, there's a crank operated radio by you. Can somebody wind it up so we can get some news?"

"Can you get anything down here?" Courtney asks, winding the radio.

"Yeah, there's an arial attached that goes up to the surface, running along the wall to an outside antenna on the building over us. I can get a few stations."

"Billy, how did you know to gather supplies and bring us here?" Pietr asks, taking a knife from the supplies and cutting up vegetables. There's a small campstove against the wall, obviously meant to be the 'kitchen' area of the platform.

"Some of you have heard . . . Captain Marvel talk about the wisdom of Solomon. Well, part of that includes dreams that may or may not come true. I'd started dreaming of having everybody down here, but I didn't know why. After a week of those dreams, I started gathering a few extra supplies every time I went to the store."

"Billy, where do you get your water from?" Pietr asks, looking at the young boy, now looking for the signs of malnutrition and other diseases common in homeless children. He's smaller than a normal boy of that age would be, energy that would have went for growth used for other purposes.

"A few hundred feet down the tunnel that way is a faucet, I fill my water containers there." Billy looks over at the supply of water and sighs. "I'd better go fill them now before the sun goes down, there's usually some light coming in from the top but with the invasion I don't want to take any chances."