Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not Mine.
Sorry for the very long wait.

Chapter 8

“Jesselynn!” Methos stared at his student and then the two men standing further in the room. He knew the taller one was her Sam, he’d seen the photo when he’d managed to save it from the wrecked apartment not to mention seeing him at the funeral.

Sam took a deep breath and stepped forward, offering his hand. “It’s nice to meet you sir.” Methos stared at him but then took his hand and shook it.

“Considering my student nearly died because of you….but she’s happier with you around so yeah.” He admitted, seeing the kid relax when he added the last bit.”And if you’ll excuse us we need to talk.” Methos stared at Jess who sighed but nodded.

“Jess?”

“It’s fine Sam.” She answered, kissing his cheek and Sam nodded, hugging her briefly. She nodded at Richie and followed Methos from the apartment.

“Relax, the old man’s just gonna rant for a bit.” Richie assured the brothers. “Teacher or not, her life is her choice.”

“And what do you think?” Sam asked him.

Richie sighed and ran a hand through his hair, he hated wearing it so short but he had needed to look a bit different. “I think the only way this is gonna end is badly. Either Jess loses a fight and her head or you die and she has to live forever without you.” He told the truth and saw Sam flinch. “Just having to walk away from you was bad enough….but one day you will die, even if it is from old age which I get the feeling isn’t very likely for you guys.”

Dean put a hand on his brother’s shoulder, knowing Sam needed to hear the cold hard facts but hating seeing his baby brother in pain, emotional or physical. Sam moved away from them and into the bedroom, closing the door and Dean sighed. “How likely is it she’ll…..lose her head?” Dean asked and Richie flopped onto the couch.

“She’s good, very good. But woman are at a disadvantage, smaller and weaker for the most part. Speed can compensate for some of that, so can knowing your surroundings better. Plus the older you get the better you get and she’s over a century……….but odds are one day she’ll run up against someone better. Same goes for me, dieing as a teenager is not good.” Richie admitted.

Dean frowned and then got it. “Cause you never reached your physical peak.”

Richie nodded. “Yeah, I can train, build muscle and speed, stuff like that but I have the body and metabolism of a teenager.”

“That sucks.”

“Yeah. Could be worse……..there was this kid, Kenny…..he died as a kid and ended up using that to cheat and take heads. Played the innocent new immortal to get older ones to take him in. He died permanently a few years back though.” That made Dean shudder.

“So what’s it like, dying?”

“Most of the time it hurts like hell. My first time….I got shot. Died that way a few times now, wash in a crash in a motorcycle race. Things like that. Best way is something that kills you real quick like a shot to the heart or a painless poison.”

“Huh.” Dean thought it over and figured those were about the least painless ways to die. “Considering what we do every day….odds are we’ll either be eaten, turned into a hunt or left to die very painfully and slowly.” He admitted. “Could you come back from being eaten?”

“As long as our head is attached to our neck and there’s enough of the body left, yes. But it isn’t pleasant and takes a long time.” Methos answered as he walked back in.

“Where’s Sam?” Jess asked and Dean nodded at the bedroom so she went in. “Sam?” She called and he looked up, smiling softly. She walked over to the bed and stood between his legs, ars around his neck. “Hey.”

“Hey.” He tugged her down to kiss her. “Everything okay?”

“Yeah, old man ranted for a bit about this being crazy and dangerous so he’s over it now.” She assured him.

“Good.” Sam murmured, holding her close. Jess just hugged him, knowing he needed it.

```````````````````````
Methos watched as the young ones laughed and talked over dinner. It was good to see Jess so animated again as she leant against Sam who had an arm wrapped around her. He wished Sam was one of them, well at least pre-immortal but that familiar feeling was totally absent from the young mortal. He knew it couldn’t last forever and when it ended he’d have to pick up the pieces again but Jess had to make her own choices. If any demons showed up thought…well he could teach them just why he was called Death.

````````````````````````
Jess kissed Sam and then pulled back. “You sure you have to go?” She asked and Sam nodded, obviously not eager to leave.

“There’s kids missing.” Sam answered and that was all she needed to know.

“Then you better go fast so you can come back.” She whispered before kissing him again, she knew that every time he left it could be the last.

“I’ll be back soon.” Sam murmured and the Jess watched as he headed for the Impala to join his brother, staying outside until the car was out of sight.

Sam watched the apartment building until it was out of sight and then went to his notes, trying to figure out what had taken the missing children.

`````````````````````
“What do you got those amped up to?” Sam asked as he took one of the tasers.

“A hundred thousand volts.” Dean grinned at him and Sam shook his head

“Damn.”

“Yeah, I want this rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count.” Dean warned and then they headed inside, making their way downstairs slowly. Sam nodded at a cupboard when a soft noise came from it and Dean nodded. “On three. One. Two. Three.” Dean swung the door open, revealing the missing children crouched within.

“Is it still here?” Sam whispered and the children nodded.

“Ok. Grab your sister's hand, come on, we gotta get you out of here. Let's go, let's go. Alright, go!” Dean urged and Sam started to lead the children upstairs when a hand grabbed his leg, knocking him back down. The children screamed and ran up the stairs as fast as they could. “Sam!” Dean shot his taser but missed. “Sam, get 'em outta here!”

“Here take this!” Sam threw his own weapon to his brother before taking the children out.

“Come on!” Dean muttered as he searched for the creature, gasping as he was shoved backwards. He scrambled up and shook his head before lunging across the collected water to grab the taser, not even thinking as he fired. Dean jerked along with it as the electricity flowed through the water, eyes wide in shock before he slumped.

“Dean!” Sam yelled as he ran down the stairs. He rushed to his brothers’ side and knelt in the filthy water, lifting Dean into his arms. “Dean, hey. Hey.”

TBC…..
So is Dean pre-immortal or mortal? Next chapter will tell.