Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


One of the guys waved at Xander as he was listening to his music with his headphones on.

He shut off his CD player and took off his headphones. “Yeah? We there?”

Bob nodded at him “Yeah we’ll be there shortly.” He said as he walked up front.

Xander pulled a new shirt on then headed up front. “So am I going to have to take a pill again?” He asked.

“Nah they like people just fine. Have those that think that it’s sad that we haven’t seen the light and transformed ourselves. The normal music here is sort of like; very slow, logically done, classical music. Very boring to listen to. The kids like us because we don’t conform to it. Sort of their version of rebelling. We are tolerated by the adults so be on your best behavior ok?” Curls told him.

Xander nodded and went back to find his best shirt and pants to wear. Getting a thumbs up from Bob.

*****

Xander watched as the musicians were trying to get to the doors. They were signing autographs on what looked like small computers. If he didn’t think it was impossible, he would have thought they were some sort of Data Pads

Finally they were able to get inside and to the Green Room.

Xander watched as the guys went to the bar and got a few bottles of what looked like either water or Vodka and since the guys didn’t drink while “on” duty, when they did drink “off” duty, it was beer.

At Xander’s raised eyebrow, Curls handed him one of the bottles. “Here. The ULTIMATE energy drink. Unfortunately they don’t export the stuff otherwise we would buy it by the tank full.”

Xander cautiously opened the bottle and took a drink. You could tell when it took affect. He sat up straight and almost bounced around the Green room.

“Thisisgreat! Canwegetmoreofthis? Iwantmoreofthis.” So saying Xander downed the bottle fast and headed to get another.

Bob looked at the others “Oh oh. I heard that he was a caffeine monster, but I thought they were exaggerating a bit. After all, we’ve seen Xander on a sugar high before.” They watched as Xander bounced from one thing to another with the attention span of a two year old on sugar. Babbling the whole time.

“We better get help, these guys don’t particularly like hyper.” Said Dick nervously.

Fred took the hint and headed out of the room.

*****

The babysitter had arrived while they were on stage. She had taken Xander off to the bus so calm him down.

When the guys came down from their concert they were told by Fred to go to the so called after concert party.

*****

When the guys got back they found Xander sleeping in his alcove. Headphones on and Country music playing quietly.

Figuring he had crashed hard, they left him alone.

*****

When Xander came out the next day, the guys found him to be wearing a new outfit. Just where this new outfit came from they didn’t know since they had seen all of Xander’s clothes.

His jeans and shirt were a dark navy blue with a sheen much like the sheen on the Borjans clothing.

His boots were dark brown with the same sort of sheen coming off them, though not quite as noticeable.

He had with him a computer pad and was actively reading something when he sat down to eat.

“Hey Xan. Like the new threads.” Said Curls. “Where’d you get them?”

“Hmmm…Oh Els gave them to me.” He went back to reading.

“Els?” Asked Dick.

“Yeah the counselor Fred found for me when I whacked out on that energy water. She gave me this computer pad as well. It has over 100 stories on here so I’ve got something to read for quite awhile.

It also works as a computer so I can start typing my journal in it instead of trying to write in it when I’m in kitty form.” He placed it down and looked excited at the group.

“The neat thing about my clothes is that I’ll never have to be worries about being caught naked again! Or even having to worry about the Laundry-Basket-Of-Doom that keeps eating my clothes, ‘cause it cleans up after itself!”

At their questioning looks, Xander put his hand on the new bracelet he was wearing and his clothes morphed into clubbing clothes. Tight pants, Deep blood red shirt and black boots. “Neat huh.”

“I want some!” Called out Bob and the others. The Borjans weren’t stingy with their Nanotech, but the guys had yet to get any in all the time they had touring there.