Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Title: Happy Trails
Fandom: Buffy, Stargate, House, Magnifcent Seven, Eureka, Highlander so far. Other's mentioned.
Author: Danyella Skyler Silverfire
Website: Livejournal, Insanejournal, or Fanfiction.Net
Rating: PG
Genre(s): General
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Xander, Cordelia, Daniel, Rodney, House, Chase, J.D., Loki (Ascended), Janus, Nathan
Series: Chaos Legion of Ascended People
Summary: The Interns go to Four Corners for a day and meet some other members of CLAP and find out more about the group.
Warnings: Snark? Mentioned angst
Dedicated: To Josette Grover, who requested Kitty!Nathan.
Disclaimer: Checks reality meter (It's remarkably Magic Eight Ball shaped). {{shake}}{{shake}} Do I own these fandoms? Nope still the right reality. Go eat a tuna sandwich instead. {{stares}} Damn.
Author's Note: Yeah, I get weird thoughts. This was just... Well I'm actually writing it and I didn't think I could. And the level of snark they're capable of hasn't killed me yet. So here's hopping it continues.
Word Count: 1,594

Happy Trails


Xander grinned as he appeared on a dusty street. "Ah, Four Corners. You won't find another town quite like it."

"Why's that?" Cordelia asked looking around the historically persevered old west town. "Looks like one of those reenactment towns."

"Because this is the CLAP headquarters for Earth," Chase drawled, as he distractedly changed his clothes from work to jeans and a t-shirt.

"A boom town? Really?" House asked. "What about the humans?"

"A human won't come here if we didn't want them too," an amused voice said. "Hey, Chase, Xander, these your interns?"

"J.D. man, am I glad to see you! I need you to look over some stuff for me and give me your opinion." Xander grinned as he enveloped the man in a hug.

J.D. laughed and clapped Xander on the back.

Chase grinned in amusement as Xander and his mentor greeted each other. "Why don't you do that, I can give them a tour then we can meet up in the saloon."

"Sounds good. Oh, Loki's here and he brought his intern to be looked over by Janus to see if he has any ideas on the body issue Nathan's been having." J.D. told Chase before disappearing with Xander to deal with whatever project Xander had brought with him.

"Loki?" Rodney asked eyeing Chase suspiciously.

"Not the one you know. Ancestor of his. This Loki's spent the last few years as a dog."

"Punishment?" Cordelia asked, wrinkling her nose at the thought.

"No, he just wanted to be a dog for a while. He's rather more amused by it than he thought he'd be. He's apparently some scientist's white whale." Chase started walking down the street leading his four interns. "On to the tour."

"How did the town end up being taken over by CLAP?" Daniel asked curious. "Unless you built it?"

"No, we took it over. To put it briefly, one of our members, who goes by the name Ezra Standish these days, became part of a group of protectors hired to watch over the town and the surrounding area. The group eventually became known as the Magnificent Seven. Through a series of adventures better told from the horses mouth, all six of the rest ended up ascending with Ezra sponsoring them. The last one to ascend was what led to CLAP claiming the town. Something about a power-hungry sorcerer making a grab for power, took the mortal peacekeeper hostage to try and lure the others into a trap so he could suck out their power and make it his own. The battle was apparently long and intense and ranged all over the town, driving off most of the humans and leading last to give up his hold on his humanity and become one of the rare members of CLAP to be a Demonic Ascended."[#1]

"Demonic Ascended?" Rodney frowned. "Why would they be rare?"

"Because for all that we're trouble makers, we're not actually out to conquer the world or universe. We're mostly a self interested group that banded together for mutual protection. Most of us don't care for that sort of thing, though a few members rule a world here or there."

"Why would he have turned demonic?" Cordelia asked.

"It was a combination of things; you'd really have to ask him though. I never really cared to get details myself." Chase shrugged. "Anyway, after the dust settled and the Seven were the ones left standing, the battle had left some rather dangerous effects on the local energy field so it was decided to quietly evict the town of humans and put it under watch while we worked on trying to at least lesson the mess. Ezra called in friends or compatriots to help and we eventually just claimed the town as our own. It's rather nice to have a place where we can be in physical bodies and not have to pretend to be human, so now on other planets with a decent to heavy CLAP presence we've been setting up similar."

"So there are no human's allowed here?" House asked thinking over the summation of what had to be a very long and fascinating story.

"Human's are allowed, they just have to be brought in by someone. Wards have been set up to keep them from coming here on their own. Like the muggle repelling wards in the Harry Potter books. Actually we have an orphanage here that's full of human kids that various CLAP members have brought. And believe me; if those kids were brought here, they need to be here for their own protection usually." Chase nodded his head briefly at a dignified man with wild hair as they passed each other. "Lord Jareth."

"Chase." Jareth returned the nod of acknowledgment as he stepped off the boardwalk to cross the street.

Cordelia turned her head to follow him with contemplative eyes.

"He's married." Chase drawled. "On with the tour."



"Have even tried to take on a physical body?" House prodded sarcastically as he circled the insubstantial man before him.

"Now why didn't I think of that?" Nathan snarked back sarcastically. "I have. It won't work for some reason."

"Well aren't we bitchy." Cordelia sipped at her moccachino.

Nathan gave her a look. "Believe me, I would love to get back into a physical body if only so I can hold my kid."

Loki snorted from were he sat munching on cheese covered French fries. "And this has nothing at all to do with wanting to punch Carter for making eyes at your wife."

"Bite me." Nathan glared at the man who had been aggravating him for the last several months in the name of 'training'. Mostly, he just seemed to be more a pain in Nathan's ass than Carter and Fargo combined had ever managed to be.

"Love to, as soon as you have something to bite." Loki grinned toothily at his student.

"This is an interesting problem you have here," Janus said thoughtfully.

Rodney eyed the Lantean spitefully. He didn't know why he didn't like the Ancient, wait check that, he knew why, he had yet to meet one that he liked let alone trusted. He finally had to ask, "What have you been doing on Earth?"

"Most recently I've been hanging out in Four Corners," Janus calmly replied.

"What's with that anyway?" Chase asked. "I thought you were going to try doing an Immortal life."

"I did, unfortunately my Immortal body died it's last death at the hand of it's teacher. From this I've learned that the next time I try, avoid insane Highland boyscouts if I want to survive over a decade in the game." Janus shrugged. "It's a pity, I had liked the body I made myself."[#2]

"Better luck next time." Chase patted his old friend on the shoulder. "Can't win them all."

Janus just hummed in a disgruntled tone. "Maybe you can try an animal form?"

"What's wrong with my current form?" Chase asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Not you. Nathan, can you try an animal form?" Janus asked the man.

Nathan frowned in confusion. "Why would I want to be an animal?"

"Animal bodies are much smaller and simpler to make," Loki looked thoughtful. "That might work. We'd have to work his way back up to a human body, but if we at least got him in a physical body we can work from there."

Nathan turned the thought over in his head thoughtfully before reluctantly nodding. "I can try. Any suggestions?"

"Something small?" Chase offered.

"A cat?" Rodney suggested.

Nathan nodded and closed his eyes and frowned in concentration as he slowly built a small feline form and then sank his insubstantial body into it. Opening his now physical eyes he turned his head and examined what he could see of his body. //It's rather confining.//

"You'll stop noticing it before long." Loki said dryly. "Want to try for shape shifting to a human body now?"

Nathan flicked an ear before resuming his look of concentration, though on a feline face now. After several long minutes of nothing happening Nathan opened his eyes and sighed. //I don't think it's working right now.//

"You probably need longer to recover from the trauma of your physical death." Janus said reasonably. "But at least you can take on a physical body now. Just not your physical body."

Nathan released the cat form with a sigh and nodded. "Well at least I don't have to worry about going crazy from lack of intellectual stimulation."

"Naw, around here that's more like to be what drives you crazy," Janus drawled.

"Have you tried possessing someone?" Cordelia asked curious.

"No. And I don't want to right now," Nathan replied, giving her a look.

Cordelia shrugged. "Can't blame me for asking."

Nathan accepted the apology with grace, "This really isn't what I thought of when I was told I was being taken to a town inhabited by all powerful beings."

"Much like Eureka in many respects. Just older with a more interesting history and characters." Loki drawled.

Nathan snorted and eyed Daniel who was avidly talking to someone at the bar before turning his eyes back to the other three interns. "So you four are who Loki wanted to introduce me to?"

"It's good to know who came over around the same time as you." Loki smirked. "Never know where it might come in handy."

"Not to mention it's sometimes nice to have someone to hang around and bitch with," Chase added on. "After all, CLAP is a very diverse group."

"There is that," Janus agreed.



[#1]: Any suggestions on which of the Seven should be the Demonic Ascended?
[#2]: Yes Janus was Richie. He's actually very annoyed about the whole thing. Good Immortal bodies are a lot harder to make than a normal mortal one. I'm wondering if I should still call him Janus, or change it to Richie. Since CLAP seems to have a habit of sticking with the current names they've gone under, or favored names they've gone under.