Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Castiel stared down at the dark haired man in his arms. He loved watching Harry sleep; he had even when he’d been an angel of Heaven. Harry looked so peaceful when he slept now that he no longer suffered nightmares. Castiel was happy he was the only one Harry would ever sleep so deeply around, he knew his wizard trusted and loved him completely.

“Go to sleep, think tomorrow.” Harry murmured sleepily and Castiel laughed softly but moved so he was lying down fully. Harry rolled over and pulled the angel into his arms, burying his face in the short hair.
“Love you.”

“I love you too Harry.” Castiel answered before allowing himself to fall asleep.

`````````````````````````````````````
Sam woke up and smiled softly at feeling Dean’s arms wrapped around him. He could lie there forever as long as Dean was with him. Having Dean back still felt like a dream to Sam, one made even better by the fact that Dean loved him too. Sam had spent so long being afraid that Dean would think he was a freak for his feelings that to have them returned….. Sam sighed happily and closed his eyes. He felt stronger than he had since going through his detox, something he was very happy about. He hated being a burden and despite what Dean said that was what he felt he was. He’d had to stay in the panic room while Dean and Bobby risked their lives to put the Witnesses to rest; he got exhausted after walking around the house!

“What’s going on in that head of yours Sammy?” A gentle voice whispered in his ear and Sam smiled, snuggling further into Dean’s arms. Dean just tightened his grip before moving one hand so that he could take Sam’s hand, entwining their fingers hesitantly. Sam loved it, knowing how awkward showing affection made Dean feel.

“This all feels like some happy dream, guess I’m scared I’m gonna wake up.” He admitted and Dean pulled him even closer.

“It’s not a dream Sam, I’m back. I’m not leaving you again.” Dean told him, tugging Sam’s shoulders so he’d roll over. Dean stared Sam right in the eyes.
“No matter what happens Sammy, no one is going to separate us again. You got that?” Dean asked and Sam nodded. Dean smiled at him and Sam bit his lip before hesitantly leaning in and placing his lips over Dean’s. Dean returned the gentle pressure before pulling Sam in so that the younger males head rested against Dean’s shoulder.
“Get some more sleep.” Dean urged and Sam nodded, closing his eyes. Dean just lay still, holding Sam as he slept, staring out the window until the sun began to rise. When he heard Bobby moving around he began running his fingers through Sam’s hair, hoping it would wake him. Sam murmured in his sleep and shifted slightly but showed no signs of waking. Dean smiled and then eased out of Sam’s grip, loosening the arm he’d kept around Sam at the same time. Sam whimpered and tried to follow him.
“Come on Sammy, time to wake up.”Dean whispered, gently nudging Sam so that he rolled onto his back. Sam whimpered but stubbornly refused to wake up and Dean laughed softly, reminded of when Sam was a kid.

He had a new way of waking Sam that he hadn’t when they were kids, but did he have the guts to do it? Things between them were so…new and sort of awkward with everything that had happened lately. He didn’t want to freak Sam out or push too far but….taking a deep breath he leant over Sam and pressed his lips to Sam’s softly. Sam moved slightly in his sleep, lips moving against his. Dean reached out with a hand and slipped it under Sam’s shirt, caressing his side and Sam moaned, eyelids fluttering. Sam’s eyes slowly opened and he blinked in confusion and Dean felt a flash of nervousness until Sam’s hand came up to rest on Dean’s shoulder, holding him in place as Sam began to kiss him back.

“Morning.” Sam whispered and Dean smiled at him.

“Morning Sammy. Was….was that okay?” Dean asked and Sam smiled brilliantly at him.

“Better than okay.” Sam told him, lifting his other arm to slip his hand under Dean’s shirt, tentatively running his fingers over Dean’s skin. Dean shivered at the gentle touch and Sam froze, worried he’d gone too far.

“Ticklish.” Dean told him and Sam laughed.
“How’re you feeling?” He asked and Sam smiled.

“Better than I have in months.” Sam told him and Dean smiled. He hated seeing Sam so weak and in pain.

“That’s great.” Dean told him, leaning down to kiss him again and Sam eagerly returned it.

“This isn’t….not too fast for you?” Sam asked and Dean shook his head.
“Sure? Don’t….not just cause you know I want it.” Sam muttered and Dean kissed him again, pulling Sam more firmly into his arms.

“I am sure Sammy.” Dean assured him and Sam relaxed. They both nearly jumped as the door was banged on.

“You boys better get up if you want breakfast!” Bobby called and they both laughed.

“Be down in a few minutes Bobby.” Dean called, rolling to the side of the bed and sitting up, stretching. He turned and caught Sam staring at him. Sam flushed and looked away so Dean reached over and ruffled his hair up, making Sam swat at him.
“Come on Sammy, time to get up. Want a shower?” Dean asked and Sam nodded, sitting up slowly to make sure the room wouldn’t spin, smiling when it didn’t. He took Dean’s hand, letting his brother tug him upright, knowing Dean was ready to catch him if he swayed. Sam smiled and moved into Dean’s arms, kissing him before moving to the drawers to get some clean clothes. Dean did the same and they headed for the bathroom. Dan sat down on the closed toilet seat to wait as Sam showered. Sam slowly stripped off and then turned the shower on. Dean watched him, ready to move if Sam looked like he was having trouble. Sam just rolled his eyes at him and then hesitantly held out his hand to Dean who raised an eyebrow.

“There’s room for both of us and it will be quicker. Not to do anything or…..it’s silly.” Sam said, lowering his hand and Dean stood, kicking his shorts off and yanking his t-shirt over his head.

“Sounds good to me.” He told Sam, walking over to him and then playfully nudging Sam into the shower. Sam smiled and Dean grabbed the soap, lathered up the wash cloth and then began to wash Sam.

“Dean?” Sam asked shakily and Dean gave him a quick kiss.

“Just relax and let me look after you.” He said and Sam nodded, letting Dean wash him. Sam relaxed against Dean when he washed his hair for him, feeling more protected and loved than he had since leaving for Stanford. He should never have left.
“Shh Sammy.” Dean whispered as if he knew what Sam was thinking and Sam choked back a sob. Dean wrapped his arms around him, just holding him close, the warm water pounding down on them.
“It doesn’t matter, I’m here, I’ve got you.” He continued to whisper as Sam finally let out all the grief and guilt he’d been carrying around for years.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“Come on Sam! That’s it, just two more.” Dean praised as Sam struggled to complete the workout. He collapsed onto the ground but gave Dean a pleased smile, happy he had finished but also annoyed since before Dean had…left he could have done four times the amount of work he’d just done. Dean knelt beside him and held a bottle of water against his lips and Sam drank gratefully.
“You’re getting stronger. How are you feeling?” Dean asked, gently cupping Sam’s head in his hands to raise it off the ground and then he sat down, placing Sam’s head in his lap. Sam sighed and relaxed, sipping at the water when Dean offered it again.

“Exhausted and I ache all over. It’s just so frustrating.” Sam told him and Dean smiled.

“But you’re getting better Sammy. It’s just gonna take time.”

“Time we don’t have Dean. How many Seals have broken already?” Sam muttered and Dean sighed.

“I won’t risk you Sam.” Dean stated firmly and Sam closed his eyes.

“Looks like you could use a hand.” A familiar voice called and the brothers looked up to see Harry walking towards them.

“Where have you been the last week?” Dean asked and Harry shrugged.

“Trying to track down information mostly, handling some demons, things like that.” The wizard answered.
“Looks like you’re feeling better.” He told Sam with a gentle smile and Sam shrugged.
“Well I’ve been giving your situation a lot of thought and I know you don’t want to sit out what’s going on…so here.” Harry held out a strangely glowing vial and Dean eyes it warily.

“What is that?” Dean demanded, wrapping his arms around Sam protectively.

“Look, Sam’s problem is that is system got used to a steady supply of demon blood and now it doesn’t have it. We don’t want Sam to start drinking again obviously, lets face it drinking what is essentially liquid evil is not good for him. So Castiel and I came up with this. The complete opposite of what Sam was drinking.”

“What, Angel Blood?” Dean asked and Harry chuckled.

“In a manner of speaking. Cas supplied a small amount of blood for the mix true but that’s not all that’s in here.”

“So what, you detox me from one addiction and want to replace it with another?” Sam asked and Harry shook his head.

“No this is a one-shot. It’s not meant to replace his old addiction but sort of cancel it out. The blood he drank was pure evil, this is pure good. It should even help with the weakness since Sam hasn’t actually lost muscle mass or anything.” Harry explained and Sam looked up at Dean hopefully.

“Sammy?”

“Dean I…..do you want me to do this?” Sam asked nervously and Dean stared at him.

“I don’t know. We don’t know what that stuff will really do to you.” Dean told him and Sam could see the fear for him in Dean’s eyes.

“If it works I can help.”Sam told him and Dean nodded.

“It’s your choice Sammy, just be careful.” Dean whispered, both of them ignoring the amused wizard. Harry rolled his eyes; it was as if they didn’t trust him! And he knew they didn’t, not fully despite what he and Cas had done for them and honestly neither Harry nor Castiel could blame them. With how often they’d been tricked or turned on….he’d been the same way as a teenager. Really there had been only three beings he trusted, Pastor Richard, Michael and Castiel although Hermione had come close.

“I’ll take it.” Sam said and Harry nodded, snapping his fingers. The brothers blinked at finding themselves back in their bedroom, on the bed. Harry approached and handed the vial to Sam who stared at it nervously before unstoppering it and swallowing the contents in one go. Sam licked his lips, getting ever last drop of the incredible liquid.

“Sam you okay?” Dean asked and Sam smiled at him.

“Yeah Dean I…………urgh!” Sam groaned in pain, his eyes rolled back and he started convulsing.

“Sam!” Dean yelled in terror before glaring at Harry even as he tried to hold his brother down.

“Relax; he’ll be fine once it passes.” With that the wizard was gone even as the door was flung open by Bobby.

“Help me hold him.” Dean called out and the older hunter rushed to the bed, holding Sam’s legs down as best he could.
“Sam! It’s okay Sammy I’ve got you. Come on Sammy, just try and relax.” He called to his brother, trying to reach him but Sam continued to scream and thrash about, despite how desperately they tried to hold him down. Then Sam suddenly went limp, eyes still closed and Dean panicked, searching for a sing that Sam was alive. He relaxed a little when he found Sam’s pulse and determined that he was still breathing, just very slowly. Dean pulled Sam into his arms, cradling him close but there was no response and Dean was terrified. Had they done the wrong thing trusting Harry and Castiel?

“Dean what happened?” Bobby asked, staring at Sam’s unresponsive form.

“Not now Bobby.” Dean snapped as he held Sam close, praying for him to open his eyes. Bobby sighed, watching Dean closely before realising he wasn’t going to get any answers so he left the room. Dena lay down on the bed and curled up around Sam, his ear over Sam’s heart, reassured by the steady beat that Sam was alive.
“Please wake up Sammy.” Dean pleaded but there was no response.

````````````````````````````````````````````
“I think we better stay away from them until Sam wakes up.” Castiel told Harry who looked a bit guilty.

“If I’d warned him he would have tensed up and that would have made it worse.” He muttered and Castiel laughed, wrapping his arms around Harry’s waist.

“I do not think that is going to make any difference to Dean.” The angel told him and Harry sighed.

“You’re right of course. At least I put them on the bed first!” Harry argued and Castiel kissed him.

“That you did. Has Michael sent word yet?”

“Nope, nothing since that last message which has me a bit worried. There’s no one who could actually hurt him is there? I mean…he’s Michael.” Harry said and Castiel nodded.

“I am sure he is fine. He is probably very busy trying to pretend he doesn’t know what is really happening while trying to look for information. We will have word soon.” Castiel assured him and Harry relaxed.

“Doesn’t mean I won’t yell at him for worrying us.” He grumbled and his lover laughed again. Harry loved hearing Castiel laugh, the angel had been so serious when they first met that it was wonderful to see him so relaxed, even with the possible end of the world coming.

TBC…