Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 15

“Do you think we’ll win?” Harry asked and Castile propped himself up on an elbow to look at his lover, moving his other hand to play with Harry’s hair.

“Yes.” The angel answered and Harry looked up at him.

“Why?”

“Because I have faith.” He answered and Harry smiled, pulling him down to kiss. Harry may have thought of the church as his second home and enjoyed his talks with Pastor Richard not to mention Michael but he still wasn’t sure how much he believed in God. Why would God not interfere with what was happening?

“I love you.” Harry whispered when they parted.

“I love you too Harry.” His angel answered.

```````````````````````````````````
“What are you doing?” Sam mumbled as he sat up in the backseat, yawning and stretching.

“What's it look like I'm doing?” Dean asked, not looking up.

“Like you're looking for a job.” Sam answered sadly.

“Yahtzee.”

“We just finished a job like two hours ago.” Sam argued as he sat up and leant over the seat to kiss Dean.

“Adrenaline's still pumping, I guess. So, what do you think... Cedar rapids, Tulsa, or Chi-Town?”

“I am all for working. I really am. But you got us chasing cases nonstop for like a month now. We need sleep.”

“Yeah, we can sleep when we're dead.”

“You're exhausted, Dean.” Sam whispered in concern and Dean shrugged.

“I'm good.”

“No, you're not. You're running on fumes, and you can't run forever.”

“And what am I running from?”

“From the nightmares.” Sam answered.

“Stratton, Nebraska. Farm town. A man gets hacked to death in a locked room inside a locked house. No signs of forced entry.” Dean ignored Sam’s statement and Sam sighed.

“Sounds like a ghost.”

“Yes, it does.” Dean agreed and Sam sighed, flopping back on the seat.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
Harry and Castiel worked together like extensions of the one person, ripping through the demons so easily it was ridiculous. Despite the demons far superior numbers Harry and Castiel were quickly the only ones left standing. Harry smiled at him and Castiel nodded, letting the slightly smaller man wrap his arms around his waist.

“You hurt?” Harry whispered and Castiel shook his head. They both tensed as they heard and felt several angels arrive.

Castiel stared at them, he knew them all, he’d ‘grown up’ with each other, fought together, and lived together. And now they all stared at him as if…..as if he’d Fallen. He felt a hand slip into his and relaxed a little as Harry squeezed his hand in support.

“We are here to bring you with us for judgement.” One said and Castiel just stared back impassively.

“You have no authority over Castiel.” Harry warned them calmly. The angels looked at him and one sneered.

“You have no say in the matter human.”

“What is it with you guys and thinking I’m just some human?” Harry demanded and then let them see who, what he truly was. It felt good when two of them stepped back slightly. “Castiel is Death’s Angel now, the only authority he answers to is me and Michael himself. So take your little complaints to him.” Harry snapped at them, throwing power at them, forcing them from their vessels. “I’m sorry Cas.” Harry whispered and Castile pulled him around to kiss.

“It’s not your fault Harry.”

````````````````````````````````````
“Ew! Ew!”

“It's okay.” Susan tried to sooth her daughter.

“What's going on?” Danny asked.

“Katie, baby, baby. Calm down and tell us what happened.” Brian tried.

“I just got molested by Casper the pervy ghost! That's what happened!” Kate yelled at her parents.

“Ghost?” Brian asked in disbelief.

“Yes, dad! A ghost!”

“It's the girl in the walls!” Danny told her.

“Who?!”

“Both of you, knock it off.” Brian snapped even as someone knocked on the door. Ted opened it and Dean and Sam rushed in.

“We heard screams. What's going on?” Dean called out.

“Oh, you two! Did you touch my daughter?!” Brian demanded and the brothers blinked in shock.

“What? No.” Dean denied.

“Who are you guys?”

“Relax, please. You have a ghost.”

“A ghost.” Brian snorted in disbelief.

“I told you!” Katie told her father.

“It's the girl!” Danny agreed.

“Both of you, relax. What are you guys playing?” Brian demanded.

“Your family's in danger. You need to get out of the house now.” Dean argued and the lights went off as he spoke.

“What the hell?” Ted muttered.

“Nobody move!” Dean ordered, hearing a dog barking from outside.

“Buster!” Danny called.

````````````````
“You sure you’re okay?” Harry asked and Castiel rolled over to look at him sadly. Harry sighed and hugged him, kissing him gently. “It’ll be okay. Once Michael takes care of the idiots it’ll all be explained and they’ll be rushing to apologise to you.” Harry tried to assure him. Castiel smiled and brushed a stray strand of hair from Harry’s face.

“As long as I have you they don’t matter. You are my home now beloved. You and my faith in my Father are all I need.” Castiel assured his younger lover and Harry smiled, pulling Castiel closer to kiss and touch. Castiel went with the pull, relaxing as their clothing disappeared. He held onto Harry as the wizard set about trying to drive him mad with pleasure.

````````````````````````````````````````````
“What is that?” Dean asked as they made their way into the house.

“Rebecca's diary. I just finished reading it.”

“And?”

“That girl back there? Pretty sure she was Rebecca's daughter.”

“Rebecca had a kid?”

“It's all she talks about. Being pregnant, being ashamed of being pregnant.”

“Jeez, rent Juno and get over it. Wait, why kill herself after the baby?” Dean looked at Sam in confusion.

“Maybe because her dad called her a dirty little whore and said he was gonna lock the baby up.” Sam answered and Dean frowned.

“Why would he say that?” Sam didn’t answer and Dean paled. “Oh, gross.”

“Yeah.”

“So the daddy was the babydaddy too?”

“Dude was a monster, Dean.”

“Wow, a story ripped from an Austrian headline. Humans, man. So she's been locked up her whole life?”

“You saw her eyes. Has she ever seen light? She's barely human.” Sam pointed out softly.

“Okay, so, what, then, she's been caged up like an animal and she busts out and ganks dear old Dad? Slash Granddad?”

“I guess.”

“Well, can't say I blame her.” Dean admitted.

“I'm sure her life was hell, Dean. It doesn't mean she gets a free pass for murder.”

“Like you know what hell's like.” Dean snapped and Sam flushed, looking away in shame.

“I didn't...” He stammered.

“Forget it.” Dean told him, kissing Sam quickly in forgiveness.

“So where do we find her?”

“Kid's gotta eat, right?”

“What?”

“He kept her hidden, locked up, but he had to feed her, didn't he?” Dean asked and Sam shrugged.

“I guess.”

“I think I know where.”

`````````````````````````````````````````
“Could've kept her hidden here for years. Kept her fed, nobody would ever know.” Dean muttered even as Brian flinched away from the open shaft of the dumbwaiter.

“Danny! Danny!” he called out as Dean shone a light down the shaft.

“Watch out, I'm going down.”

“No. That's my son.” Brian argued.

“I know it is, but I said that I would get him. I will. Let me.” Dean checked the shaft over and the crawled in, climbing slowly down the side.

“Hey, you got curtains? We need rope.” Sam asked as he held the light on Dean so he could see where he was going.

Brian went to look as Dean hit the bottom, looking around to see a rosary on the floor with a large wooden cross. Dean moved further out and grinned when he found the weapons, picking up a gun to check it. “Bitch is a klepto.” He muttered as he grabbed another gun. “Come on. Danny. Danny.” He called and then paused as he heard muffled screams, moving in their direction. “Danny?” He found a hole in the brick wall and shone his light through, grinning when he spotted the tied up kid. He climbed through and cut him free. “Your dad's upstairs. Come on. Watch your head, watch your head.”

“Hurry, he's coming back.” Danny whispered.

“He?”

“Her brother.” Danny answered just as there was an inarticulate yell. Dean dropped the light as he was tackled. They struggled as Danny watched fearfully.

Sam dropped one end of a rope of knotted curtains down the shaft. Danny appeared at the bottom and Sam relaxed a little. “Danny!” he called and the boy began tying himself to the rope.

“Okay!”

“Pull.” Sam called and he and Brian started pulling the boy up.

“Come on, buddy. Come on, buddy. Don't look back, Danny. Just come on, come.” They pulled Danny out of the shaft. “Come on. You okay? It's okay.”

“Get him out of here. You gotta go.” Sam ordered and they left him alone. “Dean?” Sam called before getting into the shaft himself.

Dean grabbed his gun and shot the boy before turning at the noise, lowering the gun as Sam came through the hole. Dean moved over and hugged Sam in relief.

```````````````````````````````
Dean lowered the Impala after replacing the tires. Sam pulled Dean's duffel out of the repacked trunk and threw it in the back of the car. Brian and Susan walked over.

“Thanks for the head start.” Dean told them and Brian grinned.

“Why doesn't it surprise me you guys don't like the police?”

“It's sort of a mutual-appreciation thing, really.” Sam told him with a small grin.
Brian shook Dean's hand. “Well, thank you.”

“Thank you.” Susan added.

“You okay?” Dean asked her in concern.

“No, we're the opposite of okay, but we're together. Thanks.” She said again and Dean nodded.

They got in the car and drove for hours, stopping briefly for Sam to duck into a diner and grab some food. They parked under an underpass, leaning against the Impala. Sam handed Dean a burger and he unwrapped it before wrapping it back up.

“You okay?” Sam asked quietly, letting their arms and legs touch.

“You know, I felt for those sons of bitches back there. Lifelong torture turns you into something like that.” Dean whispered and Sam swallowed, leaning his head on Dean’s shoulder.

“You were in hell, Dean. Look, maybe you did what you did there, but you're not them. They were barely human.” Sam tried to console him.

“Yeah, you're right. I wasn't like them. I was worse. They were animals, Sam, defending territory. Me? I did it for the sheer pleasure.” Dean choked and Sam moved to stand right in front of Dean, putting his hands on Dean’s waist.

“What?”

“I enjoyed it, Sam. They took me off the rack, and I tortured souls, and I liked it. All those years, all that pain. Finally getting to deal some out yourself. I didn't care who they put in front of me. Because that pain I felt, it just slipped away. No matter how many people I save, I can't change that. I can't fill this hole. Not ever.” Dean admitted and Sam pulled him into his arms, hugging him tightly.

“You fought longer than anyone could have expected. You are the strongest, bravest person I know Dean, you’re my hero. I couldn’t even last four months without you but you…you lasted decades. You have nothing to be ashamed of.” Sam assured him before kissing him. Dean sighed and just leant against Sam, wanting desperately to believe him.

TBC…