What Happens in Vegas. . .Don't always stay in Vegas by josette grover
Summary: Xander finally gets to Las Vegas for the board meeting of his mother's estate. . .and has his usual round of 'oh shit, DUCK' luck
Categories: Buffy/Angel Crossovers Characters: None
Genres: AU
Warnings: Character Bashing, FemSlash, Permanent Disability, Slash
Challenges: None
Series: Hellmouth Universe
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 3658 Read: 68351 Published: 2010.04.29 Updated: 2010.04.29
Story Notes:
Crossover with Las Vegas, I haven't seen the series though, so some things may not be canon.

1. Chapter 1 by josette grover

2. Chapter 2 by josette grover

3. Chapter 3 by josette grover

4. Chapter 4 by josette grover

Chapter 1 by josette grover
 

Xander blinks as a gentle hand lands on his shoulder. He looks over at Joyce, pausing the language disks Giles had gotten him and pulling off the headphones. “Yeah Joyce?”

 

“They announced we're going to be landing in fifteen minutes, time to put everything away.”

 

Xander nods, running a hand over his head to smooth hair messed up from the headphones as he shuts down the language disk, removing it from the cd tray on the laptop and putting it back in the case before shutting down his computer, putting everything back in the carrying case and sliding the case under the seat in front of him, wrapping the strap around his ankle in case of turbulence before fastening his seat belt and looking out the window.

 

“Why did we have to fly? We could have drove instead?”

 

“It would have taken longer, we're here in an hour instead of a day.” Joyce says briskly, “And would your leg have held up to a day of driving?” She tries, and fails, to resist brushing Xander's bangs out of his eyes. “You need another haircut.” she says briskly. “Oz, Cordelia, Aggie, Terry and Giles should be arriving at the hotel when we do.”

 

Meanwhile at the hotel, the doorman raises an eyebrow when a van pulls into the parking lot, slapping a parking decal on the windshield before the sliding door opens and a girl who looks to be in her teens and an older man get out, heading across the parking lot to the door and grabbing a couple of baggage carts.

 

Two more women and a boy who looks to be the same age as the girl get out of the van, the boy from the drivers side door and the two women from the back and begin pulling out boxes and bags, placing them on the cart before putting luggage on the second cart. The two older woman each have what looks to be a cat carrier in their arms as the boy locks up the van and takes over the job of pushing the cart up to the hotel from the teenage girl. She smirks at him and drops back to walk with the two older women as another . . . vehicle pulls into the parking lot. The doorman blinks and moans, triggering the emergency button for the security force. What the HELL are the Ghostbusters doing in Vegas in general and the Montecito in particular? Dammit, the owner is due in about twenty minutes, one of the resort's stretch limousines had just left for the airport to pick him and a traveling companion up.

 

Chapter 2 by josette grover
 

Xander and Joyce get off the plane, looking around the shops in the terminal as they head to the luggage claim area and the vehicle they'd been told would be waiting for them.

 

A uniformed chauffeur is standing by the door, the words Harris party hastily written on a whiteboard held in his hands. He's frantically looking around, he'd been held up by one of the numerous construction sites around Vegas and the flight had already landed by the time he'd arrived. He sighs in relief when he sees a white head of hair heading his direction, the notes from the board of directors had said Mr. Harris had prematurely white hair, he snorts inwardly premature indeed the young man isn't even twenty yet, walked with a cane, and would be arriving with an older woman, a friend of his who also had business in Vegas.

 

“Mr. Harris, Mrs. Summers?” he asks to be sure as they stop in front of him.

 

They smile and nod. “Do you have any bags?”

 

“No, we have friends of ours driving in, they brought them with them so we wouldn't have to pay to check them.” Joyce says, shifting her purse over her shoulder as the chauffeur leads them to . . .a limousine? “Xander,” she turns to the young man and scolds him fondly. “You didn't need to have them bring a limo to pick us up.”

 

Xander snorts. “Joyce, nothing but the best for you. I would have been happy just catching a hotel shuttle or cab, the board of directors for my mother's estate insisted.”

 

“We are not taking a limo everywhere we need to go while we're in town.” she tells him, gently ruffling his hair.

 

Xander snorts again. “Of course not, there's Oz's van, the bus system, and cabs if we need to go anywhere.”

 

“I'm sorry if I kept you waiting, Mr. Harris, Mrs. Summers, I got caught in traffic thanks to construction.” the chauffeur apologizes as he opens the door for them.

 

“We just got down here, we gawked like tourists at all the shops in the terminal on the way down to baggage claim.” Joyce reassures him.

 

They pull out of the short term parking lot, Joyce and Xander each at a window looking at the sights as they travel the strip to their hotel. Joyce sighs as she sees the fountains spurting outside the Bellagio and Xander pats her hand. “We have some free time before we head back to California, I'm sure we can talk the others into go sightseeing for a couple of days.” He snickers. “Maybe even Giles will break down and get out of the tweed for a couple of days.”

 

They pull into the entrance to the resort, Xander smiling as he sees a pair of familiar vehicles parked in the lot. “The others made it.” he points his finger at Oz's van and Ecto-One.

 

“It will be so good to see Aggie and Terry again.” Joyce says as they pull up to the hotel entrance, the chauffeur and bellman quickly opening the doors for them. They walk inside, Joyce looking around the resort with interest as Xander heads for the desk, seeing the others waiting for them.

 

“Peter, I wasn't expecting you so quickly.” Peter turns around, pulling his younger brother into his arms for a hug as he scowls at Winston and Egon. “Somebody,” he growls, “Got me up at the crack of dawn so we could get here.”

 

“Peter, really eight am is not the crack of dawn.” Egon says, rolling his eyes.

 

“It was still dark out when we left.” Peter insists as the other Ghostbusters hug Xander in turn before he gets away and heads to the desk where the desk clerk and Danny McCoy exchange looks. The others had said they were part of the Harris party, and the young man they instantly recognize as the owner of the hotel does seem to know them by the way the Ghostbusters all gave him hugs and the friend who arrived with him hugged the two older women that arrived in the van and pulled them over to one of the couches so they could talk.

 

“Hi, Harris party?” Xander smiles at the desk clerk. “We should have two suites reserved for us?”

 

“Yes Mr. Harris, we have your reservations right here.” He hands over the folders with their keys, the information the trustee board had left for him, and the comps the manager had arranged to be waiting for them. “You are up on the thirty-fifth floor, this is the second in command of our security force, Danny McCoy, he'll take you up and go over the security system with you.” The man next to him nods his head shortly and they follow him to a bank of elevators.

 

“Mr. Harris will you require a wheelchair for your stay?” Danny asks, seeing the owner lean on his cane. “We have a clinic on the grounds and can get one if you need one.”

 

“I shouldn't,” Xander says. “I'll let you know if I do, though.”

 

“You will need a pass to get up to the thirty-fifth floor.” Danny says as he slides his employee id into the slot by the elevator buttons. “Your room key acts as your pass.”

 

Everybody is quiet in the elevator as they watch the floor lights go up, the doors finally opening onto a long hallway. Joyce walking to the window across from the elevator, looking down onto the strip.

 

“It's gorgeous at night when the lights are on.” Danny says, smiling as she joins them. “Your first trip to Vegas?”

 

“Actually I was here on my honeymoon, but the place we stayed wasn't anywhere near this grand.” Joyce says as Danny opens the door of the first suite they booked, Oz pushing in the two baggage carts. The second suite is next to theirs, Winston pushing in the collapsible cart they'd built to hold their gear into the suite and joining the others in the other room.

 

Danny goes over everything they need to know and leaves. Waiting for the elevator he smiles as he hears a voice complaining. “Xander, you did not need to get us a second suite here at the Montecito, we could have found our own place to stay.”

Chapter 3 by josette grover
 

Xander snorts, waving a hand. “It would have cost twice as much to find a hotel room, let alone a suite in Vegas at this time of the year, even if you were able to find one.” Oz snickers softly as he starts taking bags off the luggage cart, the others can decide which rooms they want.

 

“At least tell me this is not the most expensive rooms in the resort?” Egon says, knowing he's lost the battle. Xander can be just as stubborn as Peter.

 

“Of course not, that would be the penthouses, they go for fifty thousand a night, the suites here are twenty thousand a week.” Xander shrugs, “Besides, the penthouses don't have as many bedrooms.”

 

Winston chuckles, can't argue with that logic. “You guys have wanted to come to Vegas for a while to meet some of the paranormal researchers out here, you've had some cases out here that needed to be taken care of for a while, this just kills two birds with one stone.”

 

Aggie, Terry, and Joyce chuckle from their spot on one of the couches in the suite, this one facing a huge bank of windows with the same gorgeous view of the strip that Joyce had been looking at earlier. “Thank you for inviting us along, Xander, Aggie and I could never have hoped to stay at a place like this if we ever decided to come to Vegas.”

 

“And I would never have allowed myself to stay someplace like this if I'd just come to Vegas to sign the paperwork by myself,” Joyce says. “I probably would have driven in, signed the paperwork and found a cheap motel halfway to LA if I was tired.”

 

“Which is why I invited everybody to come with me, we all needed a vacation, or at least a few days away from everything. Angel and Spike are handling things in LA with Wesley and Doyle, Sarah is handling the bookstore, Joyce's assistant has the gallery covered, Giles, Oz, Ethan, and I are heading back to England after this last meeting for my mom's estate, the Rosenberg estate will be dealt with after the last paperwork is signed out here, this is a chance to relax and get together before we all have to head off in different directions.”

 

Terry smirks as Xander gives everybody the 'puppy dog eyes' look and bends down to open the doors on the cat carriers. Her and Aggie's cat comes out first, looking around the room. Aggie points out the covered litter boxes and scratching pads as Samhein stalks out, gives his chosen a disgusted look for leaving him behind to travel in a . .box, pointedly giving him the feline cold shoulder. Xander snickers and pushes himself to his feet, opening the doors of the bedrooms so the others can choose which ones they want as the Ghostbusters head to the other suite to take care of their clothes and gear before calling the paranormal researchers they wanted to meet out there to arrange a time to visit.

 

“So how long did Samhein actually spend in the carrier?” Xander asks with a chuckle as he and Oz carry bags to the rooms the others have chosen before dropping their bags outside the door of their room. One which has two queen size beds the others are glad to see, the two boys are taking their relationship slow.

 

“Maybe ten minutes?” Oz says, eyes twinkling. “However long it took to get from the Hyperion to my van, then from the van until Terry let him out just now. He spent the entire ride in either Aggie, Terry, or Cordy's lap sucking up to the ladies and bitching about how mean you were by leaving him behind.”

 

Oz slips one of the keycards into his pocket and heads out of the suite to the elevator, pushing the baggage cart ahead of him. Ray sticks his head around the open door of the suite, sees the second cart emptied by the others and grabs it, getting into the elevator with Oz and heading down to the front entrance, dropping off the carts and looking around the hotel lobby. They look at each other, grin, and start exploring the shops, spas, casino, and other attractions on the bottom two floors before finally heading back upstairs.

 

Xander has his laptop open on the table, going over the schedule for the board meeting as Joyce calls the company handling the rental property, Aggie and Terry have their heads bent over a guidebook and the folder with the comps from the resort. Xander looks up when Joyce gets off the phone, making a note in his schedule of when they have to go in and sign the paperwork.

 

“I don't have any appointments until tomorrow, why don't we go do a little sightseeing?” he asks is his most innocent voice, shutting down the computer. Aggie and Terry's heads lift up from the book they'd been looking at, heading for their bedroom to freshen up. Xander pushes away from the table, putting his laptop away in their bedroom before grabbing his camera bag. Samhein looks up from his spot on the pillow on Xander's bed, allowing his chosen to rub his ears before settling back down on the pillow.

 

Everybody is soon waiting at the door and Xander leads the way to the elevator. Peter is bringing up the rear, fingers itching as he reaches for the proton pack locked in the back of ecto-one.

 

“Peter, whatever is the matter?” Egon drops back a step to walk with his lover as they reach the elevator. “That's the third time since Xander suggested we go sightseeing that you've reached for your proton pack.”

 

“I don't know 'Gon, but I have a bad feeling about this.” Peter says, looking at his brother.

 

Chapter 4 by josette grover
 

An hour later Peter looks over at Egon from his spot crouched behind a statue as the Bellagio fountains begin spouting blue fire. “Tell me again, Egon, why we had to leave the proton packs in ecto?”

 

“Because we are on vacation and not on a bust.” Egon says. He pulls up his PKG meter and watches the screen. “That is why I did not have my PKE meter on until the . . .” his lips twitch “Excitement began.”

 

Peter looks over automatically at where his brother is crouched behind a stone wall, a woman beside him that he grabbed and dragged to safety when the fireballs started flying into the crowd. “So is this a ghost or just a manifestation?” Across from them, hiding behind a garbage can Ray looks over at them, Winston is behind another wall with Joyce, he looks over at them. He's the closest to the parking lot, he knows that he'd be the one sent to get the proton packs if it does turn out to be a ghost.

 

“It's a manifestation, Peter. Probably a gremlin playing with the circuitry, with the history of Las Vegas it's allowed a small breach that has replaced the water with energy. It is already subsiding, the readings are returning to normal.” Magical fireballs begin to slowly disappear, leaving smoking holes behind. Egon immediately gets to his feet and starts over to the fountains, PKE meter swinging from it's spot on his hip with every step. Peter reaches for his lover but he's already out of reach, he grumbles about mad scientists with no common sense as he gets to his feet, Winston helping Joyce to her feet as he gets up.

 

“Lady, I don't know what the fuck your maladjustment is, but quit your damn screeching.” Peter hears Xander say in disgust, turning he sees him get to his feet the woman he now sees is wearing a vest with the words CSI on it, trust his brother to get stuck with a lady cop.

 

“You grabbed me.” she screeches. Behind her, Oz sticks a finger in his ear, wiggling it at the volume.

 

“Yeah, you were standing in the way of one of those fireballs that were being thrown around.” Xander snorts. “This is where you were standing, that nice little hole with the edges still smoking? That's where your head would have been. Don't bother to thank me for saving your damn life, I would have done it for anybody.” Xander limps after his brother and Egon as they investigate the fountain, leaving a fuming Sarah Sidle standing behind him.

 

“Sarah, are you okay?” Gil Grissom's voice breaks into her thoughts.

 

“Did you see what he did?” She screeches.

 

“Yeah, saved your damn fool life.” Greg snorts. “We saw everything,” he points at the Bellagio employees bringing in the people who had been outside, a brave employee trying to get Peter, Egon, and Xander away from the fountain in case it acts up again. “I'd have let the fireball hit you.” he snorts, walking away. Grissom follows him, shaking his head sadly at Sarah who continues to seethe, how could they take that kid's side in this? Didn't they see how he touched her?

 

“What's going on?” Warrick asks as he watches Sarah head the other direction of the others.

 

“Sarah's having a fit because that kid dragged her out of the way of a flying fireball, now she's having a fit because he touched her.” Greg says in a singsong voice.

 

“Sarah always was a stupid bitch.” Catherine snorts as she watches the Bellagio management flutter around trying to make excuses for what happened. She notices the group around the young man lips twitch at the excuses, the young man with purple hair leans against the other one's shoulder and whisper a few words, causing the other young man to grin up at him. The blonde woman next to him pats him on the shoulder, shaking slightly.

 

“Are you okay Joyce?” Aggie pats her shoulder.

 

“I know Peter and his team have dangerous busts sometimes, and Sunnydale wasn't the easiest place in the world if you know about the darker side of life but to actually see it firsthand.” She shakes her head as the woman who Xander had rescued storms in with a police officer, demanding he be arrested for assaulting her.

 

“Sarah, knock it off.” Catherine orders, disgusted at her actions. “He saved your damn life, everybody saw it.”

 

“Did the young woman perhaps hit her head?” Giles asks, taking off his glasses to clean them.

 

“No, she's always been this stupid.” Greg says in disgust, glaring at Sarah. She snorts and looks around at the others for support but everybody is giving her disgusted looks, even she's shocked to see Grissom.

 

“Go ahead, slap the cuffs on me. I admit it, I pulled her to safety.” Xander says with a smirk, holding up his hands for the handcuffs. “Of course, since the Bellagio's cameras must have caught everything on film, I have proof that I was acting to save her life so if it goes to the prosecutor there's no chance of them actually charging me unless they want to make a laughing stock out of themselves. Does Las Vegas really want to arrest a tourist their first day in town for saving the lives of one of their police officers? It really wouldn't be a good thing for the tourist industry.” He pushes himself to his feet, theatrically limping to the door as Bellagio employees rush to his side. Oz smirks as he sees a news crew taking in the entire thing, knowing it will be the on the news as soon as they leave. Looking at the others, they follow Xander towards the door.

 

“You can't leave, I demand you arrest him.” Sarah screeches.

 

“Sarah, shut up!” Grissom barks at her. “The man saved your life and you're acting like a two year old having a tantrum. Ecklie is going to love this.” he mutters, finally seeing the news crew as the officer follows them out the door. Xander hands over the information of where he's staying in Las Vegas with a smirk before getting into the van, pulling out his cell phone and dialing the number for the lawyers for his mother's estate, relating the entire story before hanging up.

 

“So, what did the Bellagio hand us?” he asks, hanging up the phone as they pull out into traffic. He looks back to see ecto-one behind them.

 

“Comps for what we went through,” Cordy says, opening the folder she'd been handed. Everybody who had been outside had been given one, their names and address taken for the resort's records. “Hmm, one free visit to their spa, one free entrance to their casino, coupons towards a night at their hotel, and a free ticket to their buffet.” she puts the folder in the pouch on the door with the others handed her and checks her Vegas attractions guide for where they're going next.

This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=393