Ron's Hogwarts by josette grover
Summary:

Ron is repeating his first year of Hogwarts. . .for the third time.


Categories: Non Buffy/Angel Stories, Non Buffy/Angel Stories > Harry Potter Characters: None
Genres: AU, Humor
Warnings: Character Bashing
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes Word count: 33293 Read: 657859 Published: 2014.08.14 Updated: 2014.09.07
Chapter 18 by josette grover

 

Colin is busy once the first task is over, heading immediately to the room that had been set up for him. The pictures are developed and sent off to the papers, a set being passed around the tables at dinner.

"These are good Colin, how did you get so close?" Ginny asks.

"It's a omnocular lens, it's a bit of money but with the contract with the Prophet and Quibbler, I was able to afford it."

"I hope you're getting credit for the pictures?"

"Yep, I own the pictures and they're paying me to use them in the paper. If they want to republish them in the future, they have to pay me again. Luna's dad has quite a business head on his shoulder."

"Daddy went to business and journalism school before he took over the quibbler, he wanted to make sure everything was protected." Luna says. "Because there's some durn fools in the world as Daddy put it."

"At least this time Won-Won has his own bathroom. . ." Fred says.

"Since his bottom hurts." George continues the sentence.

"Oh god, don't remind me. And the smell." Ginny moans. The others look at her. "Bill sent Mum a bag of dried super hot chiles for some of his favorite meals one day. Our brother the idiot thought they were candy and didn't want to share so he ended up eating the entire bag. Mum thought he'd been poisoned but the healers at St. Mungo said it was his own damn fault. He farted for weeks and howled every time he used the bathroom because his butt burned. 'But it's not my fault, I thought they were candy and I didn't want any of the others to have any'." she says in a sing-song voice.

"So your brother always was a selfish idiot." somebody says at the Ravenclaw table.

"Pretty much." Ginny shrugs.

At the Burrow Arthur settles down in his chair, covering his face with his hands.

"At least he wasn't hurt too bad." Molly pats him on the shoulder.

"Our son made a complete fool out of himself out there."

"Hey Harry, can I borrow one of your older math books? Mum wants me to start taking my muggle classes again."

"Of course Dennis, you can use it after dinner."

"Thanks, Mum was really upset we don't have any math classes beyond Arithmancy."

"Good thing, can you see Ron having to take his shoes off in class to count to twenty?"

"Ron's a pureblood, don't you mean twenty-two?" Laughter from various students.

"And this is why we need to add more muggle classes, our students are falling behind. The muggle-borns are leaving the wizarding world in droves."

"You know the purebloods wouldn't hear of it Minerva." Albus says chidingly.

"Screw the purebloods Albus, they're less than a quarter of our school population now and the number keeps falling every year. While the muggleborn or second generation half-bloods increase every year. We need to get rid of some of the dead wood on the governor board and bring in fresh blood."

"Malfoy won't be able to keep his seat and Draco's too young to take it." Filius says. "We should offer it to Sirius, he's from an old pureblood family but he's got Harry taking muggle classes and making plans for him to live in the muggle world after he graduates. Sirius is just waiting for Harry to graduate before he tells the wizarding world to kiss his arse. The wizengamot is still howling at the amount of money they had to pay him for locking him away for ten years, they tried forcing him to buy wizarding instead of muggle stuff and he threatened to pull his and Harry's money. The Goblins nearly declared war if you believe the gossip. Fudge backpedaled rapidly and the members who tried to force them to buy wizarding lost a lot of money. Surprise, surprise they were decimated in the attacks on the death eaters."

"Who took their money, I heard rumors that Mr. Potter took it as compensation for the loss of his parents and now he's head of a couple dozen families?" Umbridge asks, looking at the boy-who-laughed at the Gryffindor table.

"That's actually the truth, Lord Black and Professor Lupin are overlooking them right now."

"Lord Black?" Umbridge asks with some surprise. "I was under the impression that he had been removed from the Black family by his mother in favor of the younger brother?" She was stunned to hear that hadn't happened. . .and sounds much like she doesn't like the idea of Sirius being a Lord. That's because she doesn't. With Black backing Potter, her goals of being the next Minister of magic are looking bleak.

"She couldn't after the younger boy died." Minerva says. "When will Mr. Weasley be able to do his schoolwork?"

"Madam Pomphrey says not for another two days. The way the little twit is carrying on you'd think he was dying instead of had a blistered arse that will be cured by the morning. He was stunned when she refused to let him lounge in the hospital wing, didn't she know he was the Hogwarts Champion and horribly injured?" Sniggers from the other. "I'm going to take him to the library after dinner to do some research for his history papers."

"Why does that sound like a bad idea?" Minerva asks quietly, leaning towards Severus.

"Because Weasley is a lazy oik and will cause trouble?" Filius says quietly.

"Ahhh yes."

"Who's up on the roster to watch the chaos?"

"I am." Albus says just as quietly. "My office tomorrow night to watch the pensieve if it turns out as usual?" The others nod.

"You hit me!" Ron whines as he looks at his sister.

"You just ruined three days worth of work for me you little shit." Ginny snaps.

"But you were sitting there working. . ." he whines.

"What the hell do you think I should be doing in the library, singing the school song?" She snaps. "And shouldn't you be doing research for your own papers? That's why you're here after all."

"But that's work, I wanna have fun." He grabs a book from the pile in front of Ginny and throws it across the room, hitting Draco in the head. "Whooops?" he says in a smirking tone.

"Kill him." He orders Crabbe and Goyle. They lunge at Weasley and he laughs as he jumps onto the table, kicking at them before turning his attention to books that he kicks off the tables. Everybody grabs ink pots to keep them from following suit after he kicks three over and jumps to another table, launching himself at the nearest shelf.

"Damn it, wanted to knock it over." he starts grabbing books and throwing them over his shoulder.

Madam Pince snaps out of her shock.

"MR. WEASLEY, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

"Throwing books." The 'duh' tone is unmistakable. "It's too quiet in here. Who needs to study? Not Me!" with some of the books out, he throws himself at the shelf again, this time tipping it over. It take s out the one behind it and so on and so on.

"Whoot! I saw this done by some muggles once with toys they called dominotes?" He laughs, ducking Madams Umbridge and Pince who both have blood in their eyes and starts on the next set of shelves.

A body bind stops him and Madam Pince scowls at him, barely resisting the urge to kick him in the ribs. "Students, please grab your belongings, check out any books that you need, and head to your common rooms. The library is closed until further notice." Albus announces. The students all glare at Ron as they gather up their schoolwork, checking out books and leaving the library. Once the last student is out he shuts and locks the door. Leaning against it, he watches the two women tear stripes out of Weasley's hide without raising their voices.

"But you can't make me scrub the ink I spilled off the tables, pick up the books, and shelve everything once I have the bookshelves back in place." he whines.

"You caused this mess, you clean it up."

"I'll tell my mum you're being mean to me."

"I'll tell her myself Mr. Weasley." Albus says as he uses his wand to float Ron out of the library, not being at all careful about him bumping into walls or bouncing off steps as the three of them walk to his office.

Molly sighs. "We might as well live at Hogwarts as often as we've been called there this year for Ron's nonsense."

"But that's because they're making him actually work this year." Arthur snorts.

"You did WHAT in the library?" Molly yells in the headmaster's office while Arthur glares at his stupid son.

"But it was too quiet, everybody was studying." Ron whines.

"Imagine that, students studying in a library." She snorts.

This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=728