Builder 6 by danu40k
Summary:

Continuing the adventuers and work of the Builders three


Categories: Buffy/Angel Stories Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Builder Series
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 4703 Read: 1002 Published: 2024.04.01 Updated: 2024.04.01

1. Chapter 1 by danu40k

2. Chapter 2 by danu40k

3. Chapter 3 by danu40k

4. Chapter 4 by danu40k

5. Chapter 5 by danu40k

Chapter 1 by danu40k

 

Chapter 6:

 

It was deep into August now, Willow's new R.T. Computers (short for Red Tree. Which was her hacking name from the old world.) were up and running. As was Jesse's shops. The part of the docks they owned had the bay in front of them out to the ocean depths, cleaned of debris (which were deconstructed to their component parts for use in renewing the docks). And since they abutted prime body surfing areas, a nice boardwalk was constructed on them. With local area artists (both human and non) doing good business which the capital coming in had quickly paid for the price the docks had cost in the first place.

Each of the trio had minions policing the area to keep the predators at bay. So, the death rate was low for that area.

They had The Cliffside Hotel, which was near the new White Boardwalk, and had plans for their next "big build" deconstructing it and going deep into the cliff for their new base. Which would be called S.C. House (short for Slayer's Counsel).

 

The building would end up phased into the cliff and caverns/tunnels seamlessly. With the upper six floors of the house/manor for show. And the top three for each of them and whomever they joined with eventually. A floor each basically. Of the bottom three the ground floor was for the "public" and included the kitchen and meeting rooms for when those became necessary. And the other two were for the library. Which would move the library under the shop to this new main one.

 

The underground floors deep inside the cliff were going to be labs of various types and workrooms. Including Willow's new ritual room, and areas. And a complete gym/workout room with lap pool, sauna, steam room (which doubled as another ritual room), and hot tub.  

 

Till then, they were still pretty much based out of the shop. Which was doing a booming business.

 

It was the new moon, and trade was going fast on things needed for it with the various clans of demons and practitioners.

Willow was manning the front desk as the most knowledgeable on that front, with her minions in the back running back and forth trying to keep up.

He was in his own workshop working on a captain's sea chest in the old style. Maning shaped pegs and handmade nails holding it together and putting on the finishing touches on the stain using old cow blood traded from the demon supply butcher. All to heighten the weathered cedar and give it a darker look and deepen the coloring on the carvings that was asked for.

He had the inner tray out for the silk lining he would be putting on it, along with in the chest itself. And after that, would be the sealant on the outside to weatherproof the whole thing.

He also had a list of jewelry boxes that were asked for at the consignment shop he sold things through. These, he was going to do later after closing, and while he watched the security feed for any problems throughout their extended areas.

 

Wednesday, September 21st, 1988:

Xander had done the calculations, and it was the correct time for what he wished to do. So, at five minutes to 4 in the morning L.A. time/five till noon London time, he had the wardrobe, along with several smaller wooden boxes up in the center of his workroom. Near the shop, as the one at the manor wasn't completed yet. And began his own set of rituals to set the dimensional parameters on/in it. Finishing right as the clock he had on the far war, set on the world clock, hit 4 am, and a bright glow surrounded the wardrobe and boxes for a moment. Dimming quickly.

 

Picking up one of the boxes, he gently opened it up, and felt the gentle breeze of high mountain air.

He opened each box, getting the same thing. So set them on the workbench against the wall, before heading to the wardrobe to open the door and see just what wonder he got in that.

 

Opening it slowly, he heard birdsong and felt the same breeze as from the smaller boxes. So, he opened the door further to a woodland covered in fall colors.

Walking through the door to take a closer look, he saw each tree was old and as tall as the ancient redwoods from upstate. And wide.

Many were of the old nut trees that no longer grew to that height or width.

Looking at the tracks as he wandered, he saw many of the smaller predators and prey. But none of the medium or larger. Which would work well for his own plans for this world, which he would dub; "Alpha Site". 

 

End Notes:

Yeah! I got it to work!

Chapter 2 by danu40k

 

Chapter 7:

 

Thursday, June 20th, 1996:

It had been a wild time for the past eight years. During that time, they had expanded their reach outwards to over 30 previously unpopulated worlds. And opened up over half to friendly demons seeking asylum from their own war-torn dimensions.

All worlds populated by demons based on their needs. At the cost of trading between them. Opening up the shop which had been their first base, to higher and higher trade goods.

They were also each highly sought after for their building abilities. And that on top of expanding the builds on the worlds they kept for their own needs. Including the Alpha Site. Which currently contained the hub network for their other connected worlds. Many of which were now used as farming and supply worlds. With the products, especially the meats, blood, etc., going for sale or trade in Sunnydale and LA.

 

They each had reached Journeyman status with Xander the highest and soon to reach Master Level 1 status. As such he now had minions working on his D. Bags or Bag of Holding as Jesse called them, for sale in their main shop.

Each had their own Messenger Bag of Holding, with over the shoulder straps, that Xander had personally made for them. They were sectioned off for ease of finding stuff. And bespelled to summon whatever the owner wished from the bag. Plus, blood bonded to each of them. So, no one outside the three of them could use them.  

 

They had used the newfound dimensional and expanded space knowledge to add onto their Sunnydale properties. Increasing them 100-fold. And thus, increasing their profits as well.

And Xander's Mastery project was to be a version of an expanded space British Police Box. It wouldn't travel in time and space but there would be a viewing portal in the control room that looked like a Stargate only with ten rings for earth time and dimensional viewing. As well as expanded space as far as he could stretch it on the insides. Sectioned off into rooms that he was still planning out.

 

Currently with it being the Solstice, he had set up the ritual for several of the sun/desert boxes which were always in demand. And demons and other practitioners paid very well for them.

 

Of the other two, Willow had expanded out to the technomagic field with RT doing well in the computer competitive market. Selling to those who were willing to shell out funds for very personalized computers and software. Either for their businesses or for themselves. She had patented a manmade crystaline powerbase that allowed the user to go a week between recharges on laptops, and the laptops alone had 1 T/64 G in software and hardware capacity. So those like the Red Cross and others who ended up often in the field were among her customers were her biggest customers.

Jesse was also a software designer and lent his field that way. But he went towards game design and had companies eating out of his hands for his newest generation of whatever it was that came out of his shop. His gamers had absolutely no problems being beta players on his games either. And his LARP players were very happy to game out some of the games for him. With many of the non-human players were more than willing to pose for scanning to become a npc or non-player character the players ran into.

 

First full week of August 1996:

With Buffy coming later this year, Xander decided to take the place of his minion. And joined up with Willow and Jesse to choose his classes.

Taking AP classes for the core classes, gym, and metal shop.

Jesse took all the same except instead of metal shop he took art class. And Willow took Latin instead.

They each would have minions taking their places in the businesses they ran, till they got out of school. And the same would apply when they went on patrol later on in the year.

Jesse, in between his gaming and game writing, did the rounds with the poker circuit with Xander coming along. And they both had fun introducing the written rules for Dragon Poker and watching as it took over the local circuit, then listening to the championships played in Vegas every year.

 

Both Xander and Willow had won the right to be emancipated and divorce their parents, with Jesse being the only one amongst them currently to have decent ones. So, both of them were staying permanently at the manor, while Jesse was there from Friday - Sunday.

And while none of them were contributors to any political parties since they were too young to vote right at that moment, the mayor did not want them to transfer out of the area and take all those lovely tax dollars with them. So, as much as vice principal Snyder hated the thought of being nice to them, he still went out of his way to aid them in whatever they might need. And that included sticking up for them against the rich/jocks whenever there was an altercation. Which were rare as hell this time around, as none of those who had bullied them last time wanted to be declared publicly off limits on the boardwalk. Even Cordie, and her Cordettes, who had that happen to the bunch in the latter part of the 8th grade and had to suffer a ban for that summer. 

 

Chapter 3 by danu40k
Author's Notes:

Time Jump and meeting Giles

 

Chapter 8:

 

September - December 1996:

During the first week of school, all three scoped the classes, teachers, library, and staff, out. Dropping invites to join the various types of groups depending on who/what they were. Including, one Rupert Edmund Giles. With his being for the manor library and Sunday tea. Of which, after much prodding from the trio and the English department, he finally showed up the first Sunday after the Equinox and had to be prodded back out the Monday morning after.

Showing up every weekend thereafter.

Thus the "get acquainted" with the Watcher was started. And from there it was an easy ride to introduce him to the shop for his herbs and other needs. And getting him hooked, even though loosely, into the network.

 

Over the summer, the group bought out The Bronze, and updated the whole thing. Better sound equipment and hired a manager just to take care of the bands and make sure the quality of music was rated at its lowest at good. No more Battle of the Bands was allowed either. The bands had to prove themselves to the disguised music demon now to be allowed to play there. And then if they made the grade with the audience, a recording contract in LA and distribution of their CDs. Plus, touring throughout LA then California was available.

 

At the entrance to the place, each being, no matter who they were or what, the being had to show an actual picture id to get inside. And the side entrances were now heavily monitored to keep out anyone who would sneak in or out. With nightly colored wristbands put on all those who were allowed in. The color of the bands denoted the age and type of being for bar and monitor purposes. And taking them off was a bootable offence. With the monitors being built like the hulk and having hellhounds as companions.

Predators were told flat out to take their selected prey out and away from the property and upon leaving would not be allowed to reenter again for a week. However, if they were there for fun and not for hunting, their needs would be met with drinks or other goods at the bar, such as blood pops, and blood wine.

 

For the place itself they had hired another manager who took care of the place and its upkeep. With the paperwork he did going to Xander when he was through.

 

Xander, himself, had a pocket realm with a 72-1-time bubble on it so 72 hours for him was 1 hour for the outside world. And this allowed him his Sundays to get the paperwork done for the various businesses each week.

And with the full trio now in school, they each joined him in the bubble to get their own work done on time.

 

%%%%%

Thomas, the Dragon hibernating statue, had come awake several times and was more than happy to have the shop manned and his security assured while he slept. The fact that he automatically got funds dropped in an account set up for him did not hurt either.

He was currently awake and manning the shop front desk with hired help running the back rooms. And a minion keeping the paperwork monster organized for Xander to do in his spare time.

 

%%%%%

On the winter solstice, Xander finished his Mastery work, including the viewing portal, which he laid the spell work for that morning. Willow's own Mastery work was the computer that ran and recorded the events viewed in it. Leaving Jesse as the only one needing to finish his Master's work, and he had plans for a fully immersive game system he was working on. Of which he was almost finished with.

 

January - February 1997:

The National Championship for Dragon Poker in Vegas was going on, and the trio had dragged Giles out to one a of the bars to view it and get him some contacts. Confusing the hell out of the man. Especially when he saw the sign outside the establishment that stated, "No Seers Allowed While Games Were in Play". Betting was going fast and furiously on each hand in play, and round during play as well as the rules made the make-up of the hands change at the literal drop of a hat. Which further confused poor Giles.  

 

They had arrived early and left late when the finalists were found for the next round the next day. Dropping off the rules of the game the next morning, which was his Sunday library and tea day. So, they knew what he would be studying that week. And complaining loudly about the incomprehensible rules as well. 

 

Chapter 4 by danu40k
Author's Notes:

Meeting Buffy through the end of the school year

 

Chapter 9:

 

March 1997:

They had seen Angel lurking around the town and had minions following him at a distance to find where he was currently staying.

They had also noted the "For Sale" sign down at Buffy's old house with movers currently moving furniture in from the truck. And Buffy directing them while Mama Joyce was directing another truck at her new Art Shop.

Willow headed to Joyce to introduce herself while the boys headed to Buffy. Each with "Welcome to Town" treat dishes. And each jumping in for talk and helping in getting things situated.

With Angel in town came Janna/Jenny who took over as the computer science teacher and was quickly invited by Willow to the computer symposiums on Sundays, followed by tea in the manor house. Which got her introduced to Giles properly.

 

Xander's current form was that of 5'10 with a good build from work and not that of a gym rat. His clothing choice was construction worker chic, complete with steel-toed boots. And with his first level Mastery complete he was expanding out to weapons work and forging. His dark brown hair trimmed close so as to be out of the way of his work.

Willow was currently in her old form, but her long, red hair was tied back in a bun to help get it out of her eyes. She was 5'5 and slim but with a muscle tone that suggested wiry strength. Her clothes were fine, but sturdy made and made specially for her work. And sometimes play in Jesse's LARP games.

Jesse was a split between the two of them, with Xander's height and Willow's wiry build. His clothes are reminiscent of the ultimate geek. And varied depending on the current characters or type of game he was currently designing as an outward expression of them. His shaggy light brown hair suggested a forgetful nature rather than sloppy. As in he was so busy thinking up new ideas that he forgot to get his hair trimmed.

 

Monday, March 10th, 1997:

Instead of bumping into her as before, the trio met Buffy at her house before school to walk with her to the school office and get her schedule. And from there show her where her classes and locker were.

Meeting up with Cordie and crew in the process, who quizzed the new girl, before flouncing off to their own gym class.

However, gym was cancelled due to "dead body" of which the trio find out had been bloodless and had blood in its mouth.

Willow headed off to warn Giles, while the other two walked Buffy off to class.

 

That afternoon, when Buffy is escorted to the library with Willow, Giles tries to pass the handbook to Buffy, and she storms out. Followed by Willow. Meeting up with the boys. Who all agreed to meet up with Buffy at The Bronze later that evening for fun and to forget the day.

 

Darla was banned from her new chosen hunting grounds of The Bronze for trying to actively hunt inside, and minions follow her outside and off grounds, where she enticed new, young, blood to follow her to one of the cemeteries.

The minion knows its orders and calls in reinforcements to track and take out the lair of The Master as he is awoken. And take out his followers with him.

Later that night smoke fills the tunnels and comes out the manholes as The Master is dealt with permanently, along with his minions, Darla, and Luke.  Putting new meaning "No Hunting Allowed in The Bronze."  Which, from that moment onwards, was taken much more seriously.

 

%%%%%

In a bid for normality, Buffy tried out for varsity cheerleading for next year's squad, and to refill that year's jr squad. Willow kept Mrs. Maddison from a body-swap with her daughter by taking over the spell and banishing her spirit to the cheerleading trophy that was won by Mrs. Maddison's squad during her actual years at school. Then copied the trophy. With the copy going back into the trophy case and Maddison going to the desert planet to be buried deep inside the planet's territory and away from the gateway.

Buffy and Cordy/Cordettes made the squad. To the delight of each.

 

%%%%%

Xander especially was on the lookout for Ms. Natalie French the Praying Mantis Lady. And personally, took her out before she could gain a foothold in the school.

 

April 1997:

The old-world members of Xander's first pack, Kyle, Tor, Heidi, and Rhonda were subjected to banishment from all Boardwalk and activities involving the Boardwalk at the beginning of the year for their bullying tactics. And finally escalated to being banned from The Bronze till after they turned legal. And so kept pretty much to themselves for the school outing to the zoo so as not to further get into trouble. However, wasn't it a shame the zookeeper for the hyenas clothes were found in the hyena's pen. Suggesting he fell inside and was eaten by the animals which would now have to be put down as man eaters.

 

%%%%%

With Jenny's aid, Willow had gone completely through Giles Watcher Library and set aside the books to put on the newly installed computer. All the while removing the more touchy and dangerous books for regular reading. And, of those, those that needed to be resent back to the Watchers Counsel in London for their "Dangerous Objects Library." Like Moloch's Book. However, Giles library was soon combined with the manor library, to be a great cross reference library.  

 

May 1997:

Giles and Buffy are once again up for the talent show. With Giles now in charge and Buffy all but begging the others to help her.

Jesse suggests the scene from the Hobbit with the dwarves in Bilbo's house. He could even get costumes and extras. With him playing Gandalf of course. Buffy could be Bilbo and Xander and Willow being the younger dwarves.

They trick Giles into having them on last and Marc, the magician, on first. Which gave them time during rehearsals to take the demon posing as Marc out and replace him with one of Jesse's gamers.

And allowed them to give a good send off to Sid the Wooden Demon Hunter. Who had been cursed into the body of a wooden dummy.

 

With The Master and his Kiss taken out before he could truly reform and try to escape his imprisonment, Angel, again, went to ground. And hid from everyone's view. Thus, the "Great Love Affair" was put on hold for the moment.

 

Meanwhile the trio have rediscovered the newly built tunnels and caverns put in by The Initiative, who had earmarked both Billy and Marcie to acquire for study.

Willow had planted bugs in their software to get downloads of everything they put on the system, while Xander spirited Billy (number 19) and his family off-world and took out Marcie.

He ordered Willow to put in recognition software for those who are in the Initiative and search out their files for later use. While he put out the word for all demons to go either to ground or off-world as there were now government lead hunters in town.

Using Xander's hard-won contacts to bring in the bean-counters and agents to do a complete audit of funds down to the copper dust. Those auditors were half-blooded demons who took exception to what was going on and basically audited the Initiative out of existence.

 

And thus, bringing the end of the school year and the beginning of summer with their new/old friend heading off to visit with her father.

 

 

 

Chapter 5 by danu40k
Author's Notes:

Through the rest of high school

 

Chapter 10:

 

The summer was very profitable, both monetarily and in monster slaying. As Xander had contracted out for the rest of the Angelus' old group to be terminated with proof of termination to Taraka. Finding the irony...Most Delicious. In return for half payment, he redesigned a new base for them that had better security and opened one of the worlds they had open for the Taraka corporation to use.

 

A week later, arrangements were made for "bag-o-vamps" TM to be brought through the newer demon plant portals to the sun/desert planet and both Spike and Dru were tossed out of the bags stripped down to nothing and quickly ashed.

Spike's coat and Dru's doll were given over as trophies to Xander and the commission was deemed paid in full.

 

Darryl Epps had been cremated in his grave so no Frankenstein's Bride. And they had added to the city's museum's commission for its Incan showing, the security, vacuum sealed, container for the mummy display. So Ampata could get what rest she could without being forced awake and then back to her imprisonment after tasting freedom.

 

The fraternity had long since been taken care of by the minions. And Giles had found the answer to the Sleeper, Eygon, in the group's library, and passed it onto his old friends.

 

As for Ted, he was now a reprogrammed minion serving in Jesse's LARP and gaming business as front desk manager.

 

The Bazor eggs in the basement of the school were found to be great pickled and sold for a huge profit during their freshman year. Once the eggs had been gathered by the minions and Ted. And exorcising the ghostly lovers was easy when they were going after the eggs. Same with taking out the swim coach and nurse to ensure the safety of the team. The fire brigade got a really good work out that night.

 

So really, many of the year's main problems were solved and they had already run Angel out after tarring and feathering him with Augury feathers. He had set up shop in LA and was now brooding there.

 

Monetarily their corporation was listed in the California business books as one of the more profitable in the state. And they had just done an interview in Business Week's Young Entrepreneurs reports.  

 

So, the fact that he and Willow had a run-in with both Ethan and Ford when the two came into town. And those two were never seen again? Well, ‘nuff said. And they got a lot of Halloween costumes to unspell and sell in their temporary shop and said nothing about it.

 

Getting Oz's family to nearby Beacon Hills and the sanctuary there before he was bit was also their good deed as far as Willow and Xander were concerned. Though they both would miss the taciturn young man. They were able to protect him and his family heartache when the hunter Cain came, was a bonus.

Jesse used Hunting the Hunter as a new level on his gaming system just for the demon crowd. One, which included hunting the child killing Der Kinderstod.

 

Without the unbalance of the double Slayer in play, both Willow and Xander noted that things in the timestream are a lot smoother and the Hellmouth is calmer as well.

 

%%%%%

After school ends for the year, Jesse made sure to acquire the Nigerian Mask to break in two during digitizing a new scene for a game. And sealing away the zombie spirit that was set to be released.

And Xander personally takes out the area's version of Mr. Hyde "Mas Macho" Peter Clarner, before he could further his serial killing spree. And making sure that the O'Toole males were taken out as a terrorist threat.

 

When school starts again, the Builder trio have already taken the June SAT's so they wouldn't have to worry about them and were aiding Buffy in studying for hers in November.

 

This year was going to be fun for the trio. Willow had commissioned the Taraka to take out the Hansel and Gretel demons in return for a new updated computer network. While Xander and Jesse ensured the driver for the mayor was replaced by a demon who was rebirthed through fire. (Marshmallows and chestnuts came out for the holidays for his funeral). And the moment Travers and company showed up, they were tranqued and deposited on one of the deserted planets. Far, far away from any aid. And only the clothes on their backs and the "bag-o-vamp" TM with them.

At the same time the mass of goo mouthless demons  were sent to a better and safer home. Saving Buffy from the trauma of forced telepathy. They also saw to it Jono got therapy and the cafeteria ladies were given background checks by Willow. Taking out the one willing to kill the kids.  

 

Graduation was just around the corner, and things were a thousand times better than last time, and only looked to be getting better.

And with the Initiative gone, next year looked to be just as good.

So, they partied hard at the Bronze when they could. And made sure to patrol regularly to keep the pests down.

And life went on.

 

Fini.

 

 

 

This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=919