Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


The nurses on duty sigh and roll their eyes when they see a light on in Sheriff Carter's room. They know who it is of course, Dr. Stark. It's definitely not Sheriff Carter, he's sleeping off a sedative they'd given him a couple of hours ago when Dr. Blake had left for the night.

In Carter's room, Nathan sighs, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes. The second bag is nothing to worry about, just glucose to go with the saline to keep him from becoming dehydrated because the morphine is making him nauseous. If he wasn't so tired, he'd have realized that from the beginning. Closing his eyes, he decides he can rest for a couple of minutes before going back to his lab.

The next morning an amused Allison finds himcstill asleep in the chair. Shaking her head in amusement, she pulls a blanket up over him and turns her attention to the notes in Carter's chart.

Carter mumbles sleepily as she runs a hand over his head, Allison's quiet voice sending him back to sleep. Combing his hair, she pulls a pair of scissors from her kit and takes a hair sample, combing his thick hair back in place over the tiny bare spot that should quickly grow back in. She labels the envelope and turns her attention on her husband, running her hand through his hair.

"Not tonight, Allie, 'm tired." Nathan mumbles in his sleep. Allison gives him an amused look and kisses him gently on the temple before taking hair samples from his hair and combs through his beard.  This wakes him up and he blinks up at her.

"Allie, what are you doing?"

"Taking samples of your hair and beard so I can find out why you and Carter have pink hair. Now drop your pants, I need a sample of pubic hair too."

Nathan cocks one eyebrow at her in amusement. "Hate to remind you Allie, but we're not married anymore. And what if Carter wakes up?"

"Very funny, Nathan." Allison rolls her eyes. "This is strictly professional. Now drop your pants or do you want to do it in the bathroom while I get a sample from Jack?"

"You keep your hands off Carter's groin." Nathan says, "I'll take the pubic hair sample."
Allison smirks behind his back as Nathan storms over to the bed and pulls the covers off Carter.

Carter had moved in his sleep during the night. he's now sleeping on his side with pillows behind his back. Nathan ignores the tight feeling his his pants at the sight of Carter's limp cock surrounded by a nest of normally blond curls as he pulls on a pair of latex gloves from the box on the wall. Allison looks on amused as he prepares to run his fingers through Carter's pubic hair like he was going to perform major surgery.

"Uhhh," Carter murmurs, beginning to wake up.

"Shhh, go back to sleep Jack." Allison says soothingly. Nathan scowls as Carter falls back asleep,quickly snipping some of the hair away and putting it in the envelope Allison holds out. Carter's penis begins filling with blood under Nathan's attention and he whimpers in his sleep, nearly waking despite the latest dose of sedative in his system when he tries to reach for his cock.

"Allison, what do you think you're doing?" Nathan snaps as Allison comes around the bed and reaches for Jack's cock.

"Well, we can't just leave him like this, he's in too much pain to do anything about it." Allison says in her best reasonable tone of voice. "It's purely medical Nathan."

Nathan scowls and pulls her away from Carter before he begins slowly stroking Carter's cock, using the same movements that bring him release when he pleasures himself, Carter soon coming over his hands and the towel he'd had Allison bring from the bathroom that he'd laid over his groin.

Nathan cleans Carter up and places the soiled towel in the laundry cart to be cleaned while Allison covers him back up with the blankets before heading into the bathroom and returning with the pubic hair sample, ignoring the feeling of Carter's cock in his hands, pleasuring the other man like he would himself. It was purely a medical procedure he tells himself, nodding to the nurse as she comes in to change the bags on Carter's iv.

"Keep him on the sedatives and muscle relaxers, I'm going to order another MRI later today. If it's better, he can go home tomorrow if somebody can help him get around the house. Too bad Zoe is off with her mother for the next two weeks." Allison tells the nurse, initialing Carter's chart and handing it back to the nurse as they prepare to leave Carter's room.  

Nathan heads down to his lab, detouring to his office and changing his clothes, a cold shower quickly waking him up. Coffee will have to do for breakfest, he quickly decides, looking up when a tray is placed in front of him.

"Eat." Allison orders. "I know you, the pink foam is a mystery and you love mysteries. You won't come out of your lab for hours, ignoring distractions like food, not even breaking for coffee because you'd have to leave the lab to get some."

"And what do you plan on doing?" he asks her, picking up the danish from the tray. She's right of course, he will be working around the clock on the mystery of the pink foam for hours and wouldn't be eating, but he doesn't have to tell her that.

Allison gives him that same amused look she gave him while they were dating and married, the 'I'm right, you know I'm right and I know I'm right, but since you aren't going to say anything neither am I' and settles down on the couch.

"Try to figure out a way to clear the affected rooms without resorting to dynamite, a flamethrower, or a group of little men with picks and shovels?" Allison says with a grin. "Then I need to go over the reports and see if there was any damages from the pink foam that would not die." she says in a deep tone.

"Fargo?" Nathan sighs.

"Fargo." Allison chuckles.