Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Nathan checks over the reports from yesterday's 'incident' and heads out of the office, Allison shaking her head as she watches him leave.

Nathan swipes his pass and pushes the down button on the elevator, coming out and walking down the steps on sublevel two seeing Henry crouched over the wall of pink at the opposite end of the hallway.

"Henry, any news on cleaning this up?" he asks as he comes up behind him.

"Nothing," Henry says standing up. "I thought Jack was joking when he was complaining about the pink foam yesterday, but he wasn't kidding. This stuff is hard as a rock, I knocked a small piece loose and borrowed an empty lab."

"What did you find?" Nathan asks as the two men automatically fall into step.

"Do you have a list of the chemicals that were in the lab? The mass spectrometer couldn't figure out what it was."

Nathan brings up the report from the initial accident, handing his computer over to Henry to read. "The chemicals that were in the lab, and the ones that we think were involved in the spill. The ones with a checkmark were accounted for as undamaged when we did inventory yesterday."

"Thanks, this gives me at least a base to start with." Henry sends the report to the screen, handing Nathan his computer back. "Any ideas?"

"Allison suggested dynamite, a flamethrower, or seven tiny men with picks and shovels." Nathan's lips twitch.

"I don't think dynamite would make a dent in this, we'd have to see if this is flammable and if so, if we can put it out quickly. . ."

"Yes, I'd rather not burn down the building getting rid of the pink foam." he shudders. "Plus think of what would happen if the sprinklers turned on."

Henry winces, nodding.

"How's Jack?" he quickly changes the subject as they walk into the lab he'd taken over. Nathan raises his glasses up as he peers in the eyepiece of an electron microscope. Humming absently, he looks at the pink foam on the slide...absently wondering how Henry had managed to slice a piece off small enough to fit.

"Nathan?" Henry asks and he realizes the other man had asked him a question. Running his mind back over the last few minutes, he remembers Henry's question.

"Oh,Carter. Sleeping off his latest dose of sedatives. Allison's scheduled another MRI later today, if it's good he can go home tomorrow if somebody stays with him." Nathan says, turning his attention back to the sample in front of him. "However did you get a piece small enough to get on a slide?"

Henry chuckles. "You should have seen us. You'd have thought we were going to preform surgery I was so geared up, and Fargo kept mopping my brow so no sweat would drop onto the foam because I was so damn hot."

"Why did you have so much on?"

"We didn't want to see what would happen if sweat dropped onto the foam. Not to mention, I'd look really stupid with pink hair." He smirks at his former student who rolls his eyes at him. "But on you it looks so dignified." he smirks, clapping the other man on the shoulder.

"Ha ha ha, if the pink foam caused that, everybody would be running around with pink hair."

"Which is why Allison thinks it was something to do with both the shampoo and body wash you used yesterday and the foam. You and Jack are the only two who used both and so far, you're the only one who has their hair turn color."

"Hopefully it wears off soon." Nathan huffs. "Allison took 'samples' to check."

Henry covers his mouth and turns away so Nathan doesn't see the smile on his face. Allison always was a bright girl.

"Let's hope so, have you tried shampooing yet?" he asks in all innocence. Nathan looks at him, not fooled in the least.

"No," he growls, "I've been a little . . .preoccupied."

"Well lets hope it wears off or washes out, because bald would not be a good look on you, Nathan."