Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, I don't own them.

“Mac, why did you call for a second ME?” Sid asks, following the worker into the building. “I thought Peyton went out with . . . Oh dear,” he says, his voice trailing off when he sees an arm under a huge container of. . . he rubs his eyes. Sugar, it's a huge tin of sugar. He looks over at Sheldon who had been called out to the scene with Mac and he shakes his head.

“What happened?” Sid pulls out a body bag as a giant magnet roars into life and moves over the container. “And where is Peyton?”

“Sorry Sid, it's Peyton under there.” Sheldon says for Mac who looks to be unable to speak. “There was a power outage while their magnets were moving the containers of sugar for loading onto a ship. It took only a second for the backup generators to kick into life, but it was long enough for the container to fall. Mac shoved me to safety but Peyton . . . didn't make it.”

“Sid, did you bring Michaelson with you?” Mac finally asks.

“Yes, he's outside in the truck. Why . . . oh, of course I see. We need somebody to drive Peyton's truck back to the morgue. Where are . . . Oh yes, the keys would have been in her pocket.” After Peyton had had the truck stolen at her at the morgue while unloading a body, nobody was allowed to leave their keys in the ignition, even if they were supposed to be safe at the precinct.

“And it's not the first time Michaelson had to hotwire one of the wagons.” Sheldon's lips twitch, remembering when the former gang kid had done it for him. :”We called the garage, they're waiting for him to bring it to them, they can make a new set of keys.”

“Sheldon, are you okay?” Sid asks, putting a hand on his shoulder as Mac watches the container begin to move off the body of the woman who had come to the crime scene with them.

“Yeah, I just keep thinking. . . You keep hearing that too much sugar is bad for you, I don't think they meant it quite like this though.”