Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Jo runs to her car, barely allowing Allison to shut the door behind her as she peels out of the parking lot. Fargo gulps audibly in the back seat as he fastens his seat belt.

“Fargo, what the hell are you doing here? Carter, report. Over.” Jo snaps into the radio.

“You might need my help.” Fargo says, meeting Jo's eyes in the rearview mirror.

“Okay, but stay in the car until we know what's going on. Dammit Carter, report! Over.”

Back at the farm, Carter is peering through the window trying to see movement from the woods where he thought the shots had come from.

“Are you okay?” he asks, taking his eyes off the woods to look at Greta. He'd expected her to be upset, but the glare on her face is identical to his deputy's before coffee and he blinks at the gun held securely in her fist. Where had that come from?

“Never better,” Greta smirks. “I hadn't been shot at yet today, I was feeling neglected.”

“Greta,” a voice moans from the house and Jack chances to look that way to see all three men holding weapons. The biggest man has an assault weapon in his hands, and Jack wonders just what the hell kind of family Jo came from.

“Can you reach your shotgun?” Greta asks, “neither of our weapons are going to be able to reach the woods.”

“Not without losing cover.” Jack says. “Dammit, Jo told me that only being able to get in the back from the back was going to mean trouble some day.”

“Cover us.” Greta snaps, a hand on Jack's back as Buck snaps off a couple shots in the direction the shots had come from. Crabwalking, Greta and Jack run across the yard towards the relative safety of the house, Buck covering them. Ryan and Spence grab Jack and Greta, yanking them into the house and slamming the door behind them.

“I don't think I hit anything,” Buck says, checking his remaining bullets. “But I sure made them keep their heads down.”

Jack looks up from his spot on the floor, the radio crackling on his shoulder.

“Carter, report damn it.” his deputy's voice says from the radio.

“We're fine, we're inside under cover.” Carter's voice says through the radio as Jo's cruiser runs through town, siren screaming. “No shots fired yet aside from the first one so we can't pin down a location where the shots were fired from aside from the woods. . .” Jo glowers at the road ahead of her when, as usual, Carter doesn't bother with proper radio protocol.

“Tell me Dad was paranoid and set up a security system?” Ryan asks from by the window.

Greta crawls across the floor as more thuds can be heard from outside, opening a door in the entertainment system and beginning to type.

“Tell Jo I have at least three heat signatures in the woods heading this way.” Greta calls over her shoulder. “Hey Buck, according to the system, we got gas canisters down in the basement.”

“Tell me it's the good stuff,” Buck turns quickly to look at the display on the tv and shoots out the window over where the heads of the three intruders were shown.

“Shit, somebody's shooting back at us.” A voice complains from the woods.

“What, what do you mean somebody's shooting back at us? The farm is supposed to be unoccupied. That's why we used it as the target.”

Greta looks over her shoulder at Buck and smirks. “Tear gas, itching powder, and Dad's special recipe.” She says in Greek.

“Bring up an itching powder and tear gas grenade, plus a launcher.” Buck calls over his shoulder. He shoots out the window again as Greta brings up the launcher, checking to see where the heat signatures are located in the woods and shoots a tear gas grenade in that direction.

“Quit shooting, for god's sake quit shooting.” somebody yells as they come out of the woods.

“Drop your weapon and lie down on the ground with your arms outstretched.” Buck bellows. Jack turns to look at him. “Sorry, force of habit. At least I didn't try to cuff him for you.”

“Thank you for small favors.” Jack mutters as he walks across the yard, his gun in his hands as Buck covers him. He reaches down to pull off the camo mask of the figure on the ground and cuffs him as Jo's squad car comes screaming into the yard.

“Who the fuck are you?” Jack asks, looking at the Global Dynamics id he finds patting him down. “Section Two?” he asks, passing the id to Allison.

“I am Dr. Allison Blake, Director of Global Dynamics. If there are any of my employees in the woods, I want them to drop their weapons and come out with their hands over their heads by the time I count to five.” Allison calls over the loudspeaker in Jo's car. Rustling is heard in the woods and more employees, also dressed in camouflage, come out from the woods.

“Gentlemen, what the hell were you doing?” Jo asks cuffing the other men. A howl is heard in the yard and she turns around to find Buck on his knees crying as he sees his car.

“You bastards shot my car.” he moans, grabbing Greta around the knees. “They shot my baby.”

Jo can't help it, she snorts in laughter. “Cheer up Buck, Henry will fix your baby up as good as new, better even.” Ryan nudges Spencer in the shoulder with his, tilting his head in his brother's direction. “Wonder who started the betting pool on how long it would take us to find trouble.”