Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Greta's voice echoes from the door of the pod before she pokes her head out, looking at her brothers.

“Dayton sent a couple of cycles for us to test out. Who wants to help me?” Greta hits the buttons on the control panel to open the door and walks the first cycle out.

“Gimme.” Buck chortles, rubbing his hands. “What sort of improvements did Dayton want us to dest . . . err, test out?”

“Bigger battery,” Greta looks at the list of details. “the option to plug directly into an outlet instead of having to take the battery out. Longer flight time . . .”

“Flight time?” Nathan splutters. Ryan grabs his phone and starts recording as Buck takes the helmet Greta tosses him, gets on the bike, which looks like a normal motorcycle, and with a silent hum starts across the yard before pulling up the front wheel and doing a loop de loop in midair before landing. Nathan stands there staring at the flying motorcycle. Allison waves a hand in front of his face, and sighing, pushes him into the passenger seat of her car.

“Greta, how long's the flight time?” Buck asks, looking over his shoulder.

“Looks like two hours.” Greta says, flipping the pages on the notepad in her hand. “Yeah, two hours before the battery needs recharging.” Buck rolls the bike into the basement, Ryan following him with the second bike and plugs them into the generator to charge fully as Allison gets into her car.

“Are you sure you don't mind us leaving Nathan's car here?” she asks Greta. Greta snickers softly as Vincent comes out of the house lugging empty containers. Spencer helps him load his car and they stand in the doorway watching the two cars pull out of the yard before shutting the door and bringing up the security system. Greta heads back to the kitchen, Spence taking her plate from the refrigerator and warming it in the microwave as Buck inspects the containers of food filling the refrigerator and cupboards, shaking his head.

“We ain't going to be able to eat all this, even with the way Greta eats.”

Greta flips Buck off with her tail and deliberately takes seconds. Ryan shoves everybody out of the kitchen and Greta drops into a chair. The glass from the broken windows has been swept up and the windows boarded up until they can be replaced. A fire is started in the wood burning stove to take the chill out of the air as Ryan comes out of the kitchen, everything put away to his liking.

“I don't know about you but I'm ready for bed.” Buck says, stretching and yawning elaborately. “You didn't use all the hot water, did you Ryan?”

“No Buck, there's plenty of water for showers.” Ryan says, rolling his eyes. He picks up the remote and turns on the tv, finding the late news on a local channel.

“You and Spence don't mind sharing a room?” Buck asks, standing at the foot of the stairs. “Spence can stay in my room if you need the space after this.”

Spence waves him off. “Ryan and I shared a womb, we can share a room. And I'm not one to make messes for him to fuss over. Just remember to clean the bathroom up when you're done.” Ryan nods and, satisfied his brother has everything under control he heads up the stairs.

“Buck means well.” Spencer says, his arm on the back of the couch, not sure if Ryan would appreciate being touched right now.

Ryan rolls his eyes again. “I'm fine. . .” he tells his brother. “To quote Greta, shit happens. The house will be fixed up soon and everything will be back to normal.”

Spence snorts. “According to Jo, this is pretty much normal for Eureka.”

“Why did Vincent bring so much food?”

“You guys haven't been around many small towns, but they tend to close ranks and help out when something happens. Vince couldn't help any other way but he could cook for us, so he did.” Greta says from her chair.

“But we aren't from around here.” Ryan says.

“Ahh, but Jo is and we're Jo's family. That's all that matters.”

Ryan and Spencer still look confused, Greta rolls her eyes at the denseness of her brothers heads. “Think of your teams guys, if one of you was injured the others would be there with food so they don't have to cook, taking them to doctors appointments, staying at their place when they got out of the hospital if they needed the help. . .” both men think a second and nod, finally understanding what Greta had been saying. “Same thing here, except on a slightly larger scale.”

Ryan reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone, dialing a familiar number before walking over to the doorway. “Horatio, are you busy?” He asks quietly. “No, no I'm okay, I just needed to talk.” Spencer and Greta grin at each other, knowing Ryan's taken care of.

“What about you?” Greta looks over at Spencer.

“I got a text message saying they were leaving on an assignment a couple hours ago.” Spencer says quietly. “I'll call them when they get back to the BAU.” Spencer looks over at Greta. “I'm fine...” he says looking at her.

“Yeah right,” Greta snorts. She looks up at the ceiling. “Yo Dad, one of you want to come down here a second? Spence's team is busy and he really could use a hug, he and Ryan are freaking out.”

“GRETA!!!” Ryan and Spencer squawk in unison.

“Greta,” Joxer sighs as he pops into the farmhouse. He drops onto the couch beside Spencer and pulls him into his arms. Spencer stiffens a second but relaxes, curling up against his father as the other man begins humming an old lullaby. On the second or third lap around the room by Ryan, he reaches over, grabs Ryan by the belt, and pulls him down onto the couch. Ryan rolls his eyes but leans into his father's embrace as Buck sticks his head down the stairs.

“Greta, I moved your bag into the back bedroom.”

Greta looks over at Buck. “It's safer, this way we're at the front of the house in case something happens they gotta go through us.”

Greta rolls her eyes. “Buck, I'm the goddess here, remember? I'm supposed to be protecting you.”

“Hello, me big brother, you little sister.” Buck comes down the stairs, ignoring the level three Ares glare his sister is leveling his direction. “We're supposed to protect you, not the other way around.” On the couch, Joxer is quietly having hysterics as he listens to Buck and Greta argue. “See, Dad agrees with me.” Buck crows, waving a hand at him.

“Greta, give it up.” Joxer finally says when he catches his breath. “Turn on the security system, anybody coming near the house will be kept out. And after what happened, I think everybody on Mount Olympus has a telltale on the house in case something happens. But if something does happen,” he turns a look on all three of the boys. “I want you to grab your sister and get the hell down into the hideyhole. Opening it will send an emergency message to Jo.”

Greta snorts. “Like anything could get through one of Heph's security systems.”

Meanwhile in Allison's car Nathan shakes his head vigorously, coming out of his daze.

“Welcome back,” Allison says, not taking her eyes off the road. “I was wondering if I was going to have to take you to GD.”

“What happened?”

“You had a little break from reality when you saw Buck on the flying motorcycle.” Allison pulls into the driveway of his house, shutting off the car before she turns to look at her ex-husband. “The others helped me get you into the car.”

“Where's my car?” he asks,

“Back at the farmhouse, Fargo can drive you out there tomorrow to pick it up, I'm sure you'll want to supervise the repairs anyway. Nathan, at least try to get some sleep tonight?” she asks her ex, knowing he'll be up most of the night trying to get to the bottom of the mystery that is Greta Logan. She blinks, swearing she had just heard somebody crowing 'You can't handle the truth' in a very bad Jack Nicholson impersonation. Shaking her head, she heads for her own home, Nathan isn't the only one who needs sleep.