Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:

I was watching the CBS Sunday morning show (can't remember the name of it right offhand) and they had a story with Michael Caine. Anyhow, they showed a clip from Batman Begins?, now I hear Michael's voice every time I write Alfred's dialogue.

 

 


"I took the liberty of stopping and picking up your mail, not that you had much to show for a week." Bruce says, "I believe the results of your winter semester was in it."

 

Xander blinks as he takes the envelope from Bruce's hand, taking a deep breath before he opens it.

 

"This can't be right, these are Willow grades, not Xander grades." He says stunned.

 

Bruce takes a quick peek at the grades. "You did very well, do you know what classes you want to take next semester?" Xander looks at him. "I put my ward through school, not here but at Hudson University upstate, I know most students tend to decide what they want to take the second the schedule for the next semester comes out. Alfred has offered to take you to the college to register for the classes and pick up your books before you come back."

 

"You aren't going to let go back to my apartment any time soon, are you?" Xander asks.

 

"Tell you a secret, Alfred gets a little testy when he doesn't get his own way. Do you really want to get on his bad side?" Bruce chuckles. "Eat and Alfred will take you to college after you wash up."

 

"Umm, I need to check and see if Giles and Willow put money on my card for school." Xander says. "And see if my last check was direct deposited. And I need to clean out my refrigerator before something takes it over." Bruce looks amused. "I'm a young guy, working ten to twelve hour days and going to school didn't really give me time to clean the apartment. I had planned on going grocery shopping when I got the call from Giles to go visit Alfred, at least I did my laundry before I left."

 

"Did your laundry as in everything is clean, pressed, and put away properly or did my laundry as in tossed everything in the dryer before I left so it is undoubtedly wrinkled beyond belief from sitting in the dryer for a week?" Alfred asks from the doorway. He chuckles at the look on Xander's face. "Ah yes, the second 'done'." he chuckles. "Eat young Master Alexander, you have been living on intervenous fluids for nearly a week." Xander's stomach growls in assent. "We can stop to your bank to see if Rupert and your friend put the money for school on your card, if not I have the family checkbook." He chuckles at Xander's look. "What, you thought Master Bruce did the shopping or paid the bills? Finish eating, I have put a chair in the bathroom so you can sit and shower, and I have a wheelchair from when Master Bruce broke his leg if you fear you are not strong enough to walk."

 

An hour later a clean, shaved, dressed in clothes that are definitely not the ones he had been wearing when he went to visit Giles old uncle, just like the pajamas he'd been wearing when he woke up earlier definitely did not belong to either older man, is sitting in the back seat of a Rolls-Royce, being driven to school by Alfred. Who had been right, he hadn't been strong enough to walk more than a couple of steps, the wheelchair is folded up on the floor next to him.