Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


A week later Xander is pulling into the garage at the bottom of the building, the huge loading door shutting behind him. Getting out and going over to the control panel for the security system he locks the building up for the night, heading to the freight elevator after grabbing his mail out of the passenger seat of the car.

 

"Oh lovely, my first bill." Xander says sarcastically, looking at one envelope. Sighing he opens it and puts it on the table next to the coffee mug so he can fill out the autpay form later. The last letter he holds at arms length, the return address tells him who it's from. Opening it, he reads the single page letter inside and shakes his head before dialing Willow's number.

 

He hangs up fifteen minutes, ears ringing from her squeals when she'd found out who was on the other end. Her phone had been passed around like a bowl of popcorn at movie night, he'd talked to damn near every Slayer there as well as his friends. Robin and Kennedy had been noticeably absent, Dawn telling him that the other girls had quote, kicked her spoiled little hiney and Giles had sent her to one of the Slay houses overseas because nobody would work with her. A watcher had not been sent with her because she thought she was so much better than everybody else, a betting pool was being spread on how long it would take her to call up whining that being a Slayer was hard.

 

Willow had squealed like somebody had goosed her when he'd told her he'd been accepted, she said she'd have money directly deposited up front for his tuition and books, as well as a stipend every month for any other expenses that come up, just like she would for any of the others who was going to school.

 

Hanging up the phone, he stares at the letter in front of him before shrugging, what can go wrong? It's not like there's a commando base under the school like in Sunnydale. . . or somebody brewing caveman beer.

 

Sighing he stands up and heads for his bedroom, stripping off his clothes and standing under a hot shower, thanking Willow and Andrew once again for mojoing the hot water heater to never run out. The work isn't any different than he'd done back in Sunnydale, just more of it. Stepping out of the shower, he grabs his dirty clothes and sticks them in the washer and dryer he'd ordered and had delivered to the building. Buffy and a couple of the other Slayers had been brought out from Cleveland by Willow, they'd huffed them over to the freight elevator and up to his apartment where he'd climbed over them to install them. He knew the girls has come to check up on him, but he's not going to turn down Slayer strength just because he's no longer in Cleveland.

 

He starts his clothes soaking and adds detergent when the first water drains out, setting it on the longest wash cycle and walks back to the bedroom to grab a pair of sweat pants before heading to the kitchen and seeing what he has in the way of food. Opening the refrigerator door, he sighs. "Andrew you geek," seeing all the covered dishes in the refrigerator. Briefly he wonders if getting Andrew the Star Trek cookbook had been a good idea. Sighing, he pulls one dish out blindly, sticking it in the microwave to warm and forcing himself not to look at the food before eating.