Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
This is AU for the last season of Buffy, Xander didn't lose an eye.

Xander brushes off his clothes before taking a deep breath and opening his car door, looking at the building across from him in dread. "It's only a college, you're not walking into a den of vampires with only a stake." he tells himself firmly as he walks into the building.

 

"Can I help you?" a voice asks out of nowhere.

 

"Gah!" Xander jumps.

 

"Sorry." The woman in the doorway says with a smile. "New here?"

 

"Yeah, I just moved to Gotham and my all but father wants me in college. Since he's paying. . ."

 

"You're going to humor him." she asks with a smile.

 

"Yeah, there's not a chance in hell I'll be accepted but . . nyeah, I can at least say I tried."

 

"Okay, do you have your school records with you?"

 

"Uhhh, small problem there, my old school. . . well actually the entire town got swallowed by a sinkhole last year. I don't know if there would have been any records anywhere else. . . Even then, I didn't have the best grades in school."

 

"Okay, we have older students come in who haven't been in school in years, you're what, nineteen, twenty?"

 

"Twenty two." Xander says.

 

"You would qualify. You would just have to fill out the application," She hands it over and a school catalog. "And we'd get back to you in about a week if you've been accepted. Classes start in about a month, so you should apply soon if you want in this semester."

 

Xander takes a deep breath and picks up the pen, filling the application out and handing it over along with his debit card for the fee.

 

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" she pats him on the shoulder. "Now you go home and read the catalog and schedule." she hands over the schedule. "That way when you're accepted, you can come in, fill out a class schedule for the semester, attend orientation, and pick up your books all the same day."

 

"Do I have to decide what I want to go for right away?"

 

"No, you can read the catalog, see what classes you need to take for your degree, and get them out of the way first before you start taking classes towards your certificate or diploma. And if you do decide to go on to the university," Xander shudders, "your credits will transfer since we're affiliated with them."

 

Xander heads back to his car, putting the innocent looking book on the seat next to him and heads back to his apartment. He sits down on the couch and studies the list of items he made yesterday, crossing out look for a job and apply to college.