Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I've had this scene running through my head for a couple of days now.

Carlisle Cullen runs towards the growls and snarls he's been hearing for the last fifteen minutes. He breaks into the clearing to find a ... werewolf locked in a cage.

But this is no type of werewolf he's seen before, this is one more like you see in horror movies than a shifter like the wolves he's familiar with.  Obviously a human has been there though, there's a change of clothes and what looks like a small camp and it's a manmade cage he's locked inside. Snarling, the wolf throws himself at the cage bars.

Carlisle settles himself on the ground watching the wolf as he waits for the sun to come up. Within a few minutes the wolf's body begins to change, shifting with the sound of grinding bones and tearing flesh as the sun begins to come up.

When the transformation is complete, a young man is lying unconscious in the cage. Running over, Carlisle opens the lock on the cage and drops inside, hand resting on his patient's chest. He sighs when he feels the heart strongly beating under his hand, he'd been afraid the strain of changing might have killed the young man.

Looking around the clearing, he gets up and reaches for the blanket doubling as a bedroll and wraps it around the younger man before lifting him into his arms and running back to his house.

His patient is soon bathed and lying in their guest bedroom as Esme sits on the side of the bed, brushing his hair off his forehead. Emmett had accompanied Carlisle back to the campsite, the two of them packing up the belongings, taking apart the cage and bringing everything back to the Cullen house.

"Carlisle, he's waking up." Esme calls when they return, Carlisle putting everything down and going upstairs to find his patient blinking as he looks around the room.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Carlisle Cullen, and you're. . .?"

His patient blinks again, licking his lips. Esme immediately gets up and gets him a glass of water, holding it so he could drink.

"Oz."