Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
As to wether or not Jessica will die, you’ll have to wait and see.

Dean watched as Sam moped around Bobby’s. The car had been found three towns over but Jess had been long gone and he knew that had hurt his little brother badly. Sam loved her so much and while the revelation could have been smoother Dean had never thought she’d take it so badly. Surely she could see how much Sam loved her and that they would never hurt her? Then again she had been shot at while with them and for a normal person that had to be more than a little scary. Dean shook his head and walked out to join his brother, flopping down beside him. Sam barely reacted so he reached out and yanked the kid into a hug. It was embarrassing that his baby brother now towered over him but times like these he was reminded that Sam was still pretty young.

“Hey Sammy.” He greeted cheerfully and his brother looked up at him before managing a small smile for him.

“Hey Dean.” Sam said softly and Dean tightened his hug.

“You gonna be okay?” Dean asked, his inner wolf howling in misery for the pain its pack mate was in. Sam just shrugged.
“It was a big shock, plus she got shot at. Giver her time, she’ll come around and see what she’s missing.”

“Then why ditch the car and vanish? Why not call and let us know she’s okay? Face it Dean, Jess is gone and she’s not coming back. Why would she love a demon?” Sam whispered and Dean snarled, grabbing Sam by the shoulders he shook him.

“Don’t you dare say that! You are not a demon! So you have powers, big deal. You’re still human Sam.” Dean growled at him and Sam looked away but slowly nodded.
“Don’t you let what He called you get to you. He’s wrong and you know it. Hell, you handle more holy water and salt then most hunters and it’s never affected you. We need to get Bobby to make a trap so you can walk through it as more proof?” He demanded and Sam managed another small smile, shaking his head at Dean.

“Just feeling sorry for myself I guess. I’ll be okay Dean.” Sam told him and Dean smiled, reaching out to mess up Sam’s hair.

“Good, cause we need to start thinking about what’s next. As nice as it is we can’t stay with Bobby forever.” Dean said and Sam nodded, knowing Dean was right. They had to get back on the road and keep moving. Sam knew now that Stanford had been a mistake. Sure he’d had a few years of stability there but how much danger had he put everyone else in? As if sensing his thoughts Dean pulled him into another hug and Sam relaxed.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````
Bobby watched as the boys drove away in the car he’d fixed up for them. He hated to see them go, especially with Sam still as upset as he was but he knew it wasn’t safe for them to stay. Sooner or later John or one of his group would think to check his place despite the way he’d told John off when he’d called and then they’d either end up trapped or he’d have to run too. Personally he’d like to take his shotgun and show John what he thought of him but it was too risky.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean bolted out of his bed and over to Sam’s, gently restraining his brother as he thrashed, fighting against the tangled blankets.

“Sam! Hey Sammy, come on wake up. It’s okay, we’re safe.” Dean called and panicked hazel eyes snapped open. Sam gasped for air, fighting to wake up fully as he clutched Dean’s arms.

“Dean?” Sam whispered and Dean nodded.

“I’m here little brother. It’s okay. Want some water?” He asked and Sam shook his head, still clinging to Dean so he shifted on the bed to lie beside Sam, pulling him close to offer comfort. Sam turned and curled into him, accepting the comfort gratefully.
“Bad dream?” Dean eventually asked and he felt Sam nod against his chest.
“Want to talk about it?” He asked and Sam shuddered.

“I…I saw…it was like Mom but…..Jess.” He choked out and Dean tightened his grip on Sam.

“It was just a dream Sammy. You know Bobby and the others are watching for signs of that bastard and there’s been nothing. You’re just worried about her and that’s completely understandable, I’m worried too. But there’s nothing else we can do. Bobby will call when they find her.” Dean soothed and Sam slowly relaxed. Dean just held him as Sam slowly drifted back to sleep, hating that Sam had dreamt of Jess dying the same way their Mom had. Sure Sam had been way too young to remember it but he’d heard enough to get some pretty gruesome nightmares about it. At leas that was what Dean prayed it was, he knew they still didn’t know everything about Sam’s powers. What if a new one was developing? What if Jess really was in trouble? Dean shook his head and tried to go back to sleep, Sam would need him in the morning.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam laughed as he ran through the trees, Dean chasing him, mock growling whenever Sam slowed down a bit. Sam swerved to the side, dodging as Dean leapt at him. It was good training and fun so they always tried to make sure they were nowhere near civilisation for the full moon. When Dean pounced again Sam grabbed him and they fell to the ground, wrestling. Dean was always very careful to keep his claws well away from Sam’s skin and his mouth shut to avoid accidentally biting his brother. As far as Dean was concerned Sam had enough to deal with without adding a silver allergy. They play fought for a while before Sam flopped down beneath a tree, exhausted and Dean lay down beside him to keep guard while his brother slept.

````````````````````````````````````````````````
John slammed the map down, furious that he had lost the creatures again. They had to be getting help from somewhere! They couldn’t even find the blonde girl the demon had been seeing. Sure he felt bad the poor girl had gotten caught up in everything but she could make useful bait and he would have to get her checked for possession and even pregnancy. Who knew what having a demonic father would do to a child. Ever since they’d nearly had them at Stanford the ‘boys’ had vanished completely, obviously having learnt their lesson about staying in one place too long. It was more than a little frustrating but he was patient. He would kill the things that had taken the place of his children.

TBC….
Bit of a filler chapter.