Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.
Hope you’re all voting in the poll for this, Will admit I am seriously leaning towards Jo for Dean, though it would take time obviously since she would know the story John and co have spread about the boys.

Chapter 13

Sam sat beneath a tree, half asleep but able to hear Dean wandering around nearby, keeping him safe from anything else that might be out. Not that Sam wasn’t perfectly able to defend himself, armed or not thanks to his powers. But the mess with Andy and his twin had thrown him and Dean knew it. He opened his eyes as a wet nose nuzzled into his hand and smiled, moving his hand to gently pet his brothers’ wolf from, ignoring the bald patch on his front leg, a souvenir from a certain clown hunt and a silver knife. Obviously done exploring and hunting Dean flopped beside him, curling into his little brother to keep him warm as the night passed. Eventually Dean got up and moved away and Sam began getting his clothes out of the backpack beside him. He watched as Dean writhed on the ground, body changing back to human, and then moved to his side, helping him into his clothes as Dean gritted his teeth against the residual pain. Once he was dressed Sam helped him up and they walked back to the Impala, Dean occasionally leaning on his taller brother in exhaustion. Dean curled up in the passenger seat while Sam drove them back into town, parking in front of their motel room. Dean stumbled into the room and collapsed on his bed, asleep immediately and Sam smiled fondly, gently tugging his shoes off and pulling the blankets up to keep him warm. Once Dean was settled Sam slipped into the shower to clean up before going to bed as well, dreams of Jess waiting for him like they always were.

```````````````````````````````
Jess sat on the bed, gently stroking her rounded stomach, smiling as she felt her baby kick. The demon had kept its word, she hadn’t been hurt and was looked after well but she knew it was all for the new life in her womb. What would happen to her after the birth? Would they take her baby or let her keep it until it was weaned? Would they…..would they kill her? She closed her eyes and leant her head against the wall, praying desperately for help, for Sam to come and save them.

```````````````````````````
“Look at this.” Sam called and Dean leant over his shoulder to read the report Sam had brought up on his laptop.

“Think it’s our kind of job?” He asked, not sure and Sam brought up the buildings history, showing the previous disappearances. “Guess we’re heading to Philadelphia.” He agreed and went to pack while Sam shut the laptop down. Dean hit his wrist on the bedside table and hissed in irritation as the scar on it burned. Sam got up and grabbed his wrist, gently massaging it and Dean relaxed.”I’m okay Sammy.”

“It shouldn’t still hurt, there can’t still be silver in it.” He murmured and Dean shrugged.

“Not like we’ve ever met another werewolf who’s survived silver Sam, might be totally normal.” Dean argued and Sam sighed but nodded and went to pack his own things. Dean put a cassette in and they were off, Sam half dozing as Dean’s beloved music washed over them. Dean saw and pulled a blanket from the backseat, settling it over Sam. Sam shifted slightly but drifted into a deeper sleep and Dean winced as werewolf hearing picked up the soft exhale of a name. Sam still searched for her wherever they went but there had been no sign of the woman his little brother loved.

Several hours later Dean pulled up in front of the apartment building and they got out of the Impala to look around. It wasn’t a bad building though old but something was making the hair stand up on the back of Sam’s neck as he stared at it. Dean glanced at him and Sam shrugged it off, heading for the door. It was easy to pick the lock to the apartment they wanted and then they were pulling out EMF’s to look around. “You getting anything?”

“No, not yet.” Sam ran it over the light switch and leant closer as it reacted. “What's that?”

“What?”

“Holy crap.” Sam made a face as he touched the goo.

“That's ectoplasm. Well, Sam, I think I know what we're dealing with here. It's the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man.”

Sam rolled his eyes but grinned slightly. “Dean, I've only seen this stuff, like, twice. I mean, to make this stuff you have to be one majorly pissed off spirit.”

“All right, let's find this badass before he snags any more girls.” They left the apartment and headed down the hallway before hiding as they heard voiced approaching.

“It's so convenient.” A female commented and Dean took a peak to see a young blond walking beside what had to be the landlord.

“Yeah, it's a great building, fixed it up real nice. All the apartments come furnished, too.”

“It is so spacious. You know, my friend told me I absolutely have to come check it out, and I have to admit, she was right. You did a really good job with this place.” Their voices faded and the brothers slipped out of the building.

“We better work fast, she fits the profile.” Sam commented as they headed for a motel and Dean nodded absently, mind locked on the glimpse he’d gotten of the girl. His inner wolf was stirring at what little of her scent he’d caught and he wasn’t sure if that was good or bad. “This place was built in 1924. It was originally a warehouse, converted into apartments a few months ago.”

“Yeah? What was here before 1924.”

“Nothing. Empty field.” Sam answered as he skimmed over the information.

“So, most likely scenario, someone died bloody in the building, and now he's back and raising hell.”

“I already checked. In the past eighty two years, zero violent deaths. Unless you count a janitor who slipped on a wet floor. Would you sit down, please?” Sam looked up at his brothers pacing form, seeing the slight flicker of Dean’s eye colour. “Dean? What is it?”

“ Nothing. So, have you checked police reports, county death records...”

Sam sighed but nodded. “Obituaries, mortuary reports and seven other sources. I know what I'm doing.”

“Okay! So, uh, it's something else, then. Maybe some kind of cursed object that brought a spirit with it.”

“Well, we've got to scan the whole building. Everywhere we can get to.”

“Right. So we split up; I’ll take the top floor.”

“Guess we head back tonight.” Sam agreed and then put the computer away to try and get some sleep before starting the hunt. Dean slipped outside for fresh air, worried. Such a powerful spirit meant a lot of danger and they were planning to split up. He just knew something was going to go wrong.

TBC…..
So Jo is involved even if I end up not pairing her with Dean. Poll will close before the next chapter.
Chapter End Notes:
Please someone review? pretty please