Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 12

Sam smiled slightly as he answered his phone. “Hey Bobby.”

“Hey kid, how’re you two going?”

“Good. Dean’s sleeping last night off still. What’s up?”

“Got a hunt near you boys if you want it.”

“Sure, give me the info.”

````````````````````````````````
“Check it out, five-oh.” Dean nodded at the cops talking to the various workers even as Sam shifted closer to him, eyeing the three foot tall female clown as she walked past them. “Did you want her number?” He teased and Sam glared.

“More murders?”

“Two more last night. Apparently they were ripped to shreds. And they had a little boy with them.”

“Who fingered a clown.” Dean shot him a weird look for the comment. “What?”

“Yeah, a clown, who apparently vanished into thin air.”

“Dean, you know, looking for a cursed object is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. They could be anything.”

“Well, it's bound to give off EMF, so we'll just have to scan everything.”

“Oh, good, that's nice and... inconspicuous.”

Dean spotted a sign and grinned. “I guess we'll just have to blend in.”

``````````````````````````````
“Dean, I cannot believe you told Papazian about the homicidal phantom clown.” Sam grumbled as they sat in the car, waiting for the clown to attack. Sam hid a shiver, why did it have to be clowns?

“I told him an urban legend about a homicidal phantom clown, I never said it was real.” Dean argued as he pulled out a gun.

Sam grabbed it and pushed Dean’s hands down. “Keep that down!”

“Oh, and get this. I mentioned the Bunker Brother's Circus in '81 and their, uh, evil clown apocalypse? Guess what?”

“What?”

“Before Mr. Cooper owned Cooper Carnival, he worked for Bunker Brothers. He was their lot manager.”

“So you think whatever the spirit's attached to, Cooper just brought it with him?”

“Something like that. I can't believe we keep talking about clowns.” Dean complained before getting as comfortable as he could and closing his eyes. Sam just sighed but settled in to keep watch while Dean slept. Dean was always a bit cranky before and after the full moon and he had learnt to deal with it. Shifting took a lot out of him and hurt in a way Sam could never really understand. He wished he could take his brothers pain away but there was nothing he could do for him.

Sam was just about to wake Dean so he could get some sleep when he saw a light go on in the house. He tensed and shook Dean awake quickly.

Inside, the little girl went to the front door, where the phantom clown was waiting. “Wanna come in and play?” She asked happily and the clown nodded, taking her hand to be led inside.

``````````````````````
Sam winced when Dean snarled and through a lamp across the room in anger, eyes gold. “Dean calm down! We saved the family.” Sam soothed.

“It got away!” Dean growled and Sam nodded, moving closer to him. He hugged Dean gently, running his fingers through Dean’s hair and Dean slumped against him, relaxing instinctively. The wolfs instincts had gotten stronger over the years, even when Dean was in human form and sometimes it was annoying but there were some that came in handy, like Dean relaxing when petted. The complete trust it showed for Dean to let Sam do this always amazed the younger brother. Sam held Dean gently as he stroked his hair, feeling Dean tremble as the adrenaline and anger slowly seeped from him.

“It’s gonna be okay Dean, we’ll get this thing, we always do.” Sam assured him and Dean nodded lethargically. Sam helped Dean to his bed and lowered him down to it, gently stripping Dean down and pulling the covers up. Dean stared up at him, half asleep and Sam sat beside him.

“Sorry.” Dean mumbled and Sam hushed him.

“It’s okay Dean, you get some sleep.” Sam murmured, watching as golden eyes slowly drifted shut. Sam sighed and got up to try and figure out what they were facing. At least Dean should be calmer in the morning, it had been long enough since the full moon now for the wolf to calm and settle. Sometimes Dean’s mood swings in the week surrounding the full moon could be hard to deal with but no matter how bad it got Dean never made a move to try and hurt him, after all he was the only pack the wolf had.

`````````````````````````````````
“Hey! Hey. So, Cooper thinks I'm a Peeping Tom, but it's not him.” Sam called as he spotted Dean.

“Yeah, so I gathered. It's the blind guy, he's here somewhere. You’d think he’d stink and be easy to track but nothing.”

“Well, did you get the –“

“The brass blades? No, it's been one of those days.”

“I got an idea. Come on.” Sam led Dean through the grounds to the funhouse. They entered cautiously but it wasn’t enough as a door slammed between them. Dean growled and tried to rip it open while Sam tried to do so telekinetically but neither method worked.

“Sam!”

“Dean! Dean, find the maze, okay?” Sam answered before heading off. He made it the end of the maze Dean should emerge from and found a pipe organ, going to grab one of the pipes but flinched from the heat so he reached for it with his mind.

“Hey.”

“Hey! Where is it?”

“I don't know, I mean, shouldn't we see its clothes walking around?” Dean asked and then gasped as a knife flew by and pinned his sleeve to the wall, a second pinning his wrist, cutting the skin and he cried out in shock as the silver burned him. “Sam!”

The pipe finally came free and Sam held it, staling forward and dodging the knife that flew by his head. “Dean, where is it?”

“I don't know.” Dean grunted, feeling the burn of the silver spreading. He reached up and managed to pull a lever, making more steam pour from the organ, revealing the vague shape of their attacker. “Sam, behind you! Behind you!”

Sam moved, stabbing the pipe behind him without looking. He turned and saw it buried in the still-invisible creature, blood pouring from the wound. Sam turned from it and went to Dean who had pulled the first knife but was unable to touch the second. Sam gently pulled it and held Dean’s arm, staring at the badly burnt skin. Dean hid a flinch and Sam ripped off a strip of his shirt to wrap the wound. Dean gave him a shaky smile and then they turned to look to where the creature had fallen and saw only empty clothes and a bloody pipe.

“I hate funhouses.” Dean grumbled and Sam chuckled.

“Come on, we need to fix your wrist up.” They left the fun house and headed back to the mote.

TBC…