Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

Xander snorts, waving a hand. “It would have cost twice as much to find a hotel room, let alone a suite in Vegas at this time of the year, even if you were able to find one.” Oz snickers softly as he starts taking bags off the luggage cart, the others can decide which rooms they want.

 

“At least tell me this is not the most expensive rooms in the resort?” Egon says, knowing he's lost the battle. Xander can be just as stubborn as Peter.

 

“Of course not, that would be the penthouses, they go for fifty thousand a night, the suites here are twenty thousand a week.” Xander shrugs, “Besides, the penthouses don't have as many bedrooms.”

 

Winston chuckles, can't argue with that logic. “You guys have wanted to come to Vegas for a while to meet some of the paranormal researchers out here, you've had some cases out here that needed to be taken care of for a while, this just kills two birds with one stone.”

 

Aggie, Terry, and Joyce chuckle from their spot on one of the couches in the suite, this one facing a huge bank of windows with the same gorgeous view of the strip that Joyce had been looking at earlier. “Thank you for inviting us along, Xander, Aggie and I could never have hoped to stay at a place like this if we ever decided to come to Vegas.”

 

“And I would never have allowed myself to stay someplace like this if I'd just come to Vegas to sign the paperwork by myself,” Joyce says. “I probably would have driven in, signed the paperwork and found a cheap motel halfway to LA if I was tired.”

 

“Which is why I invited everybody to come with me, we all needed a vacation, or at least a few days away from everything. Angel and Spike are handling things in LA with Wesley and Doyle, Sarah is handling the bookstore, Joyce's assistant has the gallery covered, Giles, Oz, Ethan, and I are heading back to England after this last meeting for my mom's estate, the Rosenberg estate will be dealt with after the last paperwork is signed out here, this is a chance to relax and get together before we all have to head off in different directions.”

 

Terry smirks as Xander gives everybody the 'puppy dog eyes' look and bends down to open the doors on the cat carriers. Her and Aggie's cat comes out first, looking around the room. Aggie points out the covered litter boxes and scratching pads as Samhein stalks out, gives his chosen a disgusted look for leaving him behind to travel in a . .box, pointedly giving him the feline cold shoulder. Xander snickers and pushes himself to his feet, opening the doors of the bedrooms so the others can choose which ones they want as the Ghostbusters head to the other suite to take care of their clothes and gear before calling the paranormal researchers they wanted to meet out there to arrange a time to visit.

 

“So how long did Samhein actually spend in the carrier?” Xander asks with a chuckle as he and Oz carry bags to the rooms the others have chosen before dropping their bags outside the door of their room. One which has two queen size beds the others are glad to see, the two boys are taking their relationship slow.

 

“Maybe ten minutes?” Oz says, eyes twinkling. “However long it took to get from the Hyperion to my van, then from the van until Terry let him out just now. He spent the entire ride in either Aggie, Terry, or Cordy's lap sucking up to the ladies and bitching about how mean you were by leaving him behind.”

 

Oz slips one of the keycards into his pocket and heads out of the suite to the elevator, pushing the baggage cart ahead of him. Ray sticks his head around the open door of the suite, sees the second cart emptied by the others and grabs it, getting into the elevator with Oz and heading down to the front entrance, dropping off the carts and looking around the hotel lobby. They look at each other, grin, and start exploring the shops, spas, casino, and other attractions on the bottom two floors before finally heading back upstairs.

 

Xander has his laptop open on the table, going over the schedule for the board meeting as Joyce calls the company handling the rental property, Aggie and Terry have their heads bent over a guidebook and the folder with the comps from the resort. Xander looks up when Joyce gets off the phone, making a note in his schedule of when they have to go in and sign the paperwork.

 

“I don't have any appointments until tomorrow, why don't we go do a little sightseeing?” he asks is his most innocent voice, shutting down the computer. Aggie and Terry's heads lift up from the book they'd been looking at, heading for their bedroom to freshen up. Xander pushes away from the table, putting his laptop away in their bedroom before grabbing his camera bag. Samhein looks up from his spot on the pillow on Xander's bed, allowing his chosen to rub his ears before settling back down on the pillow.

 

Everybody is soon waiting at the door and Xander leads the way to the elevator. Peter is bringing up the rear, fingers itching as he reaches for the proton pack locked in the back of ecto-one.

 

“Peter, whatever is the matter?” Egon drops back a step to walk with his lover as they reach the elevator. “That's the third time since Xander suggested we go sightseeing that you've reached for your proton pack.”

 

“I don't know 'Gon, but I have a bad feeling about this.” Peter says, looking at his brother.