Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 9

Sam smiled sadly when he found Dean curled up on the couch, staring blindly into space. Sam looked around and then picked up the familiar book. He sat down beside Dean and opened it up to the bookmark.

“My friends, rulers and leaders of the Greeks, turn, make a stand and save Ajax from destruction. He’s under a hail of missiles, and I cannot see how he can disengage himself. Rally around round great Ajax son of Telamon!”

Dean smiled as Sam picked up where Dean had left off in the Iliad, curling closer to Sam. Sam shifted an arm and tugged Dean even closer so he was tucked up under Sam’s arm. They sat like that for hours as Sam read. Once Sam stopped he led Dean upstairs and got them both into the tub, cradling Dean’s smaller form to his and smiling as Dean drifted off to sleep under the water. He ran his fingers through the blonde hair as he thought. It was weird but……he wasn’t mad anymore. Having Dean almost completely dependant on him had made him get over his anger and pain a lot faster than he probably would have if Dean had still had his sight.

Dean woke up to the feel of Sam’s arms around him and a gentle hand in his hair. It felt so wonderful that he moved into the touch and Sam chuckled, revealing he was defiantly awake.

“Sleep well?” Sam asked softly and Dean nodded against his chest, loving the comfort of Sam’s gentle touch. Even though Sam didn’t love him anymore he never pushed Dean away and he was happy with that. He felt Sam gently grasp his chin, raising his head and felt a spark of curiosity, why was Sam doing that? And then soft, hesitant, lips brushed against his and Dean froze.
“Dean?” Sam whispered and Dean raised a hand, searching blindly until his hand touched Sam’s face, tracing his features.

“S…Sam….why?” He whispered and Sam sighed.

“I don’t hate you…..and I’m not mad anymore. You’ve given me a life I would never have gotten as a human Dean.” Sam whispered.
“You looked after me, loved me and….I think I…..I love you too.” Sam admitted and Dean’s heart lurched in his chest. Sam loved him? His fingers shook against Sam’s skin and Sam gently grasped his hand, moving it to kiss his fingers.
“And this is not out of pity.” Sam said before Dean could even think about that motive. Dean uncurled a bit and moved upwards, raising his other hand to Sam’s face as well as a guide as he lowered his head, giving Sam plenty of time to pull away but he didn’t. the kiss was soft, slow and hesitant, neither really sure of this yet, so different to the kisses they once shared. Dean pulled back and smiled in Sam’s direction before laying his head back over Sam’s heart, hearing the slightly accelerated beat.

“I love you Sammy.” Dean whispered, smiling in contentment as Sam’s hand went back to his hair.

“I know Dean.” Sam assured him.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean laughed as he swam through the water, following Sam without touching him. He needed to be able to do this himself and he could follow the trail Sam’s powerful tail made, trusting Sam to not go too close to any obstacles the lake held. He stopped as Sam did and grinned as Sam’s arms wrapped around him gently.

“You’re so much happier now.” Sam commented and Dean shrugged.

“I have everything I could ever want.” He admitted and Sam kissed him softly. Since that first hesitant kiss Sam would touch him more, would kiss him but it was always soft and fairly chaste. Dean didn’t mind, it was more than he’d ever hoped for once he realised Sam had chosen to remember.

“I love you.” Sam whispered, rubbing noses with him and then Sam kissed him again, more firmly than ever before. Dean gasped in shock when Sam’s tongue gently licked at his lips but then he eagerly responded, tangling his tongue with Sam’s and then letting Sam map his mouth. The great thing about kissing under water was the ability to kiss without parting for air thanks to their gills. When they finally parted Sam placed a soft kiss on Dean’s forehead, a hand rubbing his back tenderly. Dean really wished he could see at that moment, wanting to see the expression on Sam’s face. Instead all he could do was gently touch Sam’s face, feeling the small smile, the relaxed muscles and the way Sam leant into his touch. Then Sam was tugging him along in the water again, just swimming lazily with Dean still in his arms. Sometimes he missed being the protector but it was nice to know Sam could and would keep him safe.

````````````````````````````````````````````````
“I keep seeing him everywhere Bobby.” John admitted and bobby looked over at him before sighing.

“I know, I do too.”

“Do you think there’s a chance……was it really him we saw at your house? How could a spirit get past the salt?” John asked and Bobby felt a flash of pain.

“Well if he was allowed to give us a message, sounds like he was simply sent here by whatever higher power. As for was it real…..there’s no way to be sure.”

“What if it was a trick? What if something captured him and has been holding him all this time?” John demanded and Bobby looked at him.

“John we both know nothing out there would go to that much trouble and why keep Sam alive? I’m sorry but, we just have to accept he’s gone and not coming back.” Bobby whispered and John sighed but nodded. It had been almost a year since that ‘visit’ they just had to accept Sam was gone.

````````````````````````````````````````
Sam lay back in the tub, smiling as Dean’s hands roamed over his body. Dean’s hands brushed the line between scales and flesh and Sam gasped at the intensity of it.

“Sam?” Dean asked and Sam smiled.

“I’m okay just…..guess I forgot what that felt like.” Sam admitted, reaching down to reciprocate.

“It’s more intense there for mer’s for some reason.” Dean told him even as he moaned at Sam’s touch. Sam kept up the gentle stroke, wanting Dean to feel good. Dean squirmed, tail curling around Sam’s as Sam continued to touch him. Dean buried his head in Sam’s neck, kissing and sucking at the sensitive skin around Sam’s gills. Sam’s grip on him tightened as he worked on the mer’s neck in retaliation fro Sam’s hands trying to drive him crazy. More than ever Dean wished he could see what Sam looked like right then. They kept up the touching, kissing and sucking for what seemed like hours until it got too much and Dean shuddered and shivered on top of Sam, Sam gasping, tail slapping against the ceramic of the tub.

“Wow………that was….we never did that before.” Sam stammered a she tried to remember how to breathe.
“Why?”

“You’re gonna think it’s stupid.” Dean muttered and Sam kissed him.

“No I won’t.” he promised and Dean groaned.

“Fine. You were……you were just so damned innocent I couldn’t do it.” Dean muttered and instead of laughing Sam smiled tenderly at Dean, despite Dean not being able to see it. He kissed Dean softly.

“Thank you.” Sam whispered, cupping Dean’s face in his hands, staring into the unfocused green eyes.
“I’m glad we didn’t, gives us something now.” Sam told him, watching as Dean smiled.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
“Hi Stella.” Sam greeted and she grinned at him.

“Same as last time?”

“Of course.” He answered as he sat down at the counter, accepting the cup of coffee. He hated leaving Dean at home but Sam going from having a ‘head injury’ to being normal and then Dean suddenly being blind….it’d be too suspicious so Dean had to go into town alone. Sam saw Stella tense as the door opened and he knew…..the jerks that had attacked him that time were back.

“You’re banned.” Stella stated bravely and they chuckled.

“Come on sweetheart, we just want food.” One of them said and Sam could hear the leer in his voice. Sam straightened to his full height as he turned to face them, eyes narrowed in anger.

“I think the lady asked you to leave.” Sam stated dangerously, putting himself between the group and Stella. Five to one, not the greatest odds but he’d had worse over the years and thanks to his transformation he was fitter than he’d ever been as a human.

“You look familiar…..you’re the retard!” He crowed and Sam rolled his eyes.

“Funny I’d say that was you.” Sam shot back, stepping away from the counter to let them get a really good luck at what they were up against and two of them moved back. The other three tensed, ready for a fight and Sam glared when crude weapons appeared, just great. He glanced at the now terrified Stella and then moved. Seconds later it was over, all five men down and out. Sam stood over them, scared to look up. He didn’t want to see fear on Stella’s face, hated the thought of someone being scared of him.

“Sam?” She called and he looked up slowly.
“Thank you.” She said and his eyes widened in shock before he smiled slightly.
“Your foods done, you better go before the cops get here.” She told him and Sam nodded, taking the bag and blinking in surprise when she kissed his cheek.
“I don’t know how you and Dean move so fast and I don’t care. Just take care of each other.”

“Thank you.” He whispered and then he was gone.

TBC……