Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

"NNNNOOOOOO!!!!" he screams in mortal anguish when he finds the Great Hall . . .empty. He throws himself at a table but no food appears in front of him. A hand grabs him by the collar and he is drug out of the great hall, Madam Umbridge screeching the whole time as she leads him to the classroom and locks the door.

"Sit down. . .since you're either too lazy or stupid to work on your own I am forced to sit here and watch you. Accio Ron Weasley's essays." Nothing happens. After the third time she tries summoning them she's screaming and Ron presses himself against the wall . . .maybe he should have done something last night instead of sit on his ass. Because that shade of red doesn't look healthy. She makes a sound like Mum's kettle when she's boiling water for tea and he scurries to the door she points at, running ahead of her to the Headmaster's office.

Mum arrives soon afterwards and Madam Umbridge starts screaming, pointing a finger at Ron and calling him a lazy, no-good useless boy who is more concerned about food than doing his schoolwork.

"But Mum," he whines. "They're only giving me one plate of food. That's not a meal. . ."

Now it was his Mum's turn to go off on him . . .and he'd thought Umbridge could screech.

In a classroom a couple floors later the twins and Ginny both jump, looking up at the ceiling and wincing.

"Ms. Weasley?" Professor Flitwick asks.

"Mum's going spare on Ron." She shudders.

"Your mother is at the school?"

"Yeah, and she's not happy with Ron."

The twins are echoing her words in the classroom where they're taking extra history of magic lessons for their NEWTS. Nobody signs up for NEWT level history, knowing that they're not going to get anywhere with Binns as a teacher. Professor Lupin had been hired to teach these supplementary classes, filled with sixth and seventh year students who were going to be taking the history NEWT on their own. With being paid to help with Sirius's tutoring sessions and these, he's making nearly as much money as he would have as a teacher. And the students want to be here. He nods, remembering Molly's screeching at Order of the Phoenix meetings and turns the twins attention back to the matter at hand.

"What do you mean I have to get him a wand? He's your student." Umbridge splutters an hour later after Ron has been sent to his dorm to shower and change the clothing he's been in for three days. Not that he cares.

"Madam, you took the matter of getting him a new wand into your own hands when you took him to Ollivander's. It is not our fault that he's a lazy oik and doesn't take care of his property. But as you've said yourself, the weighing of the wands is next week and he will have to have a wand then."

"Make Ollivander sell him a wand." She pouts from the chair she'd dropped into.

"No."

"Fine. . .I'll have somebody from the Ministry come with a box of wands taken from prisoners for him to try out. You've surely got some old student wands here? Students lose everything else here. . .why not wands?"

"Madam, if it's one thing our students keep. . .it's their wands." Dumbledore says icily.

"Whoops." Ron says as one wand levels the desks in the room they'd taken over. Every other wand he tries either doesn't work or damages everything and Umbridge is nearly crying by the time he's finished the box and the flunky from the ministry checks them off and takes them away. How hard is it to find that idiot a wand?

"But I already missed breakfast, now you want me to miss lunch?" Ron whines.

"You had a sandwich, an apple, and a glass of pumpkin juice. Let's go. I'm going to find you a new wand if it kills me." Umbridge snaps. 'Or I kill you.' she thinks sourly.

"One sandwich. I can't live on one sandwich. Everything's beginning to grow dim. . .the room is spinning. I need. . ." Ron yelps at the ennervate to his ass. "Get. Going." Umbridge growls, pointing to the door. Sulking and rubbing his ass Ron heads for the door. Why won't anybody let him eat a decent meal? It's not fair.

Ron looks around. . .she can't mean to take him to Knockturn, can she? He starts to complain and she hisses at him.

"I do not want to hear about you wanting candy, your being so hungry you're going to faint, or how your Mummy is going to hear about this." She snarls. "Get your ass in the store and start trying out wands."

"Out. . .out. . .OUT!!!" the storeowner screams, kicking both of them out twenty minutes later as Ron starts destroying the store with his attempts to get another wand to work for him. Umbridge starts to complain and the owner glares at her, making her walk off uttering threats about how she was going to make him pay for daring to tell her to leave. Who did that little man think he was?