Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 2]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +



 

Carter moans as he sits down at the couch, how the hell is he going to tell Zoe he's pregnant? Watching Stark faint had almost made the news bearable. . .almost. He'd had a good crying jag in Allison's arms after Stark had woke up, he'd seen most of Global Dynamics trying not to gawk as they saw Dr. Blake holding Sheriff Carter.

 

“S.A.R.A.H., beer me.” he calls.

 

“No Sheriff, I'm afraid not. Dr. Stark and Dr. Blake gave me strict instructions on your dietary needs for your . . . condition.”

 

Carter mumbles something rude under his breath.

 

“Sheriff Carter, Zoe is pulling up outside.”

 

Carter takes a deep breath and gets to his feet as the door opens. Zoe sees her Dad across the room and throws herself into his open arms.

 

“Dad, are you okay? There's been stories all over town. Weird stories.” She buries her face in his chest, feeling the heart strongly beating under her ear. She's slowly getting used to her father's new figure, but it still feels weird to see her father with breasts.

 

“Sit with me, Zoe. I've got something to tell you.” Carter pulls Zoe down onto the couch next to him, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

 

“Zoe, do you remember when you were about four or five and started asking me when me and your mom were going to give you a baby brother or sister?”

 

“Yeah, one of the kids in pre-school, her parents were expecting. That's when you told me that you were Immortal and that you couldn't have kids, that you weren't my real daddy, but that didn't mean you loved me any less.” Zoe looks up at her dad.

 

“Well, it's about little later than you asked, but I'm finally giving you the baby brother or sister you've always wanted.” Carter smiles, his hand tugging on her hair.

 

Zoe looks up at him, blinking. Her mouth opens and closes Carter takes the hand that had been over his heart and moves it to his stomach.

 

Zoe whimpers. “You're . . .PREGNANT!”

 

Carter nods his head. Zoe whimpers again, finding herself being held and rocked by her father. Okay, she got used to the idea of her father having changed sex while she'd been visiting her mother, and she has no problems with the idea of her Dad and Dr. Stark, but this! She discreetly pinches herself, hoping to wake up and find out the last six weeks have been nothing but a very bad dream brought on by too much pepperoni pizza too late at night. Nope, she's awake.

 

Carter chuckles as he sees the emotions run over Zoe's face. Her mouth opens and closes as she tries to say something.

 

How?”

 

“It's a long story, Zoe.” Carter sighs. Looking at the wall, he starts rubbing the back of her head and neck as he tells her about Methos charm and how it can make an Immortal fertile.

 

“Dr. Stark was a woman?” Zoe asks, giggling slightly. “Do you have pictures?”

 

“Yes, but none I can show you.” Carter chuckles.

 

“Oooohhhh,” Zoe says. “Was she a pretty woman?”

 

“Stark is a very pretty woman, Methos goes for looks when he creates these charms.”

 

“Uncle Adam has a type?”

 

“Long legs, large breasts, long hair.” Carter reaches back a fingers his own waist-length blonde hair. He wears it up in a bun while he's working, otherwise it's loose or pulled back in a ponytail.

 

“Did Dr. Stark really faint?” Zoe asks. She and the ice cream fairy are going to be having a long talk later tonight after her father is asleep.

 

“Yes, but that might have been because Dr. Blake is pregnant too.” Carter chuckles.

 

“Ooohhhh,” Zoe's eyes grow big as she takes in that little bit of news. “Dr. Stark is so screwed.”

 

“Zoe, language.” Carter chuckles softly. “Nathan didn't think he could get me pregnant, now he has two pregnant women to wait on hand and foot.”

 

“Two pregnant .. .you mean you, Dr. Stark, and Dr. Blake?” Her father is a woman, her father is a pregnant woman, why should finding out her father is in a threesome with the two most powerful people in town be a surprise. She looks up at him and glares. “Do not say one word about me dating Lucas.”

 

“I'm a grown man, I've finished my schooling, have a good career, and I'm financially at a good part of my life to have a child. . .another child.” he says quickly. “You're still in school, if you make me a grandparent before you're out of school I'm going to put you in a chastity belt until you're my age, after I put the fear of me into the boy in question. If he survives, I might let your Uncle Adam have a crack at him.”

 

“Daaaaddddd,” Zoe whines. Her father gives her the 'do you really want to argue with me look' she usually ignores when it's on her mother's face and she subsides gracelessly. “So, how are we going to do this?”

 

“The small room off mine will do as a nursery, the guest room can become his or hers when they're older. We can add onto the bunker next spring if we want more room.”

 

“You don't plan on moving?”

 

“No, this is my home.” Carter says as he gives his daughter one last hug. “Now go wash up, S.A.R.A.H should have dinner on the table in a few minutes.”

 

Zoe walks upstairs, absently washing her hands and face as she thinks. Her Dad is pregnant, her dad is pregnant, her DAD is pregnant????