Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 2]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, they're not mine.

“Okay Alexx, how did she die?” Horatio asks as he stands on the catwalk over the autopsy lab and looks down at the slab holding the earthly remains of one Natalia Boa Vista, aka the Snake as everybody called her behind her back. “Are you trying to tell me she died of a paper cut?”

“Yes honey, that’s exactly what I’m telling you.” Alexx says, pushing the body back into a drawer. “According to Ryan, she picked up a note and got a paper cut. She collapsed about five minutes later. Ryan called for me and started CPR, but it was too late for her.”

“Okay, why wasn’t she wearing gloves?” He asks, taking his hands off his hips and walking down the stairs to meet her outside the autopsy room.

“She had just entered the lab and hadn’t gloved up.” Ryan says, coming up to them. “I had Eric run tests on the paper, and it was an ordinary piece of paper. At first we thought somebody had dosed it with some fast acting poison, but the paper wasn’t addressed to her, anybody could have gotten hold of it, and there was always the chance she would have been wearing gloves when she handled it.”

“Well, I can’t say I’m sorry that she’s gone.” Alexx and Ryan snort at Horatio’s bland tone. “But how she died of a paper cut is a mystery and you know how I feel about mysteries.” Horatio pauses in the doorway to put on his sunglasses and walks outside.